4WD Action - Law Breaking? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow 4WD Action - Law Breaking?

figure this title will get a few interested regardless where it's seen..

i was watching a 4WD action DvD last night - i'm not knocking the DvD in any way, but does anyone else notice how many road rules they break, and how many offroading guidelines they 'break'

eg: seat belts not being worn, hands and thumb inside steering wheels, mods to vechicles, featured vechicles with illegal modifications?

i recognize that they would probably have tracks closed when filming (really not sure) but the fact they promote safe and responsible driving and modificatiosn however feature some rigs that are just completley outrageous and then drive around offroad without thier seatbelts off talking about what ever is on the track and how dangerous the situation could turn!!!

i do just find it ahhhhhhh sometimes, however it's something i think man i should write a letter to them and just say, pick your game up when filming. lol!!!

anyway just my thought for today and was interested to see if anyone else thought the same thing?

Last edited by Abraxix; 07-06-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: speeling
Old 07-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default 4WD Action - Law Breaking?

Good post. I'm sure everyone will have a different opinion, but when I first started buying the mag and watching the DVD's, it all seemed like a lot of fun. They certainly should be commended for their hard work and support of the recreational industry and showing us many great places.
However thee days, the novelty for me has well and truly worn off. I've probably got 20+ DVD's that I've never watched and the magazine has, as many others have said, become an add fest.

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 07-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default 4WD Action - Law Breaking?

I stopped buying 4WD action several years ago !, they just talk up which ever make/brand has the most advertising in the mag!, this was highlighted for me a couple of years ago when they did a review of the Navara D40 ( which had just won 4x4 ute of the year 2 years running in several mags including 4WD Action).
The writer spent 3-4 pages raving about how good, how much power, how nice the interior was, how it handled better than the hilux how it was better off road than the hilux etc, then finished the article by saying "but I'd still buy a Hilux!" WTF, that was he last straw for me!, it is just plain they have no integrity and just sprook the line of who ever is paying the most advertising, sad as I use to like the mag!
Old 07-06-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not a fan of the magazine, but do enjoy the DVD's.

Regarding the 'law-breaking', I would imagine a large number of 4x4ers would do exactly the same thing and whilst that doesn't make it right, at least the driving part of the DVD's seem honest.

I like the fact they are just regular 4x4ers when it comes to the details rather than driving instructors trying to show how to do everything 'right'. Just feels more realistic to me.

I would never drive a lot of those tracks, just don't have the money to repair all the damage caused, but gee if someone was to pay me to do it and maintain my vehicle like they do, sign me up.
Old 07-06-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I see also that Tigerz11 (owned by Express Publications)have been banned from the Melbourne 4WD show. I think it has something to do with the chinese copy products they sell such as the JK AEV snorkel copy.

Also some interesting reading here regarding this issue. http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/gen...igerz11-5.html

Last edited by wrangler2010; 07-06-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added link
Old 07-06-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler2010 View Post
I see also that Tigerz11 (owned by Express Publications)have been banned from the Melbourne 4WD show. I think it has something to do with the chinese copy products they sell such as the JK AEV snorkel copy.
Incorrect.. Facts on that argument have been published everywhere. Tiggerz did not reserve their spot before cut off, then failed to take up other available space. It made better marketing material to blame everyone else.
Old 07-06-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

tigerz isnt owned by 4wd action is it?

i thought they jsut had a stake in it..... not own the whole thing?

i think they are a pack of tossers personally, but they seem to sell magazines, so they must be doing somethign right......
Post New Thread  Reply