Yet another "My XJ Runs HOT" Post - Page 18 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-01-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 58 Times in 28 Posts

It's further forward towards the bottom so really there's more space on the fan side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19-01-2016
Established Member

To show the difference between lhd Rhd fan lugs. Few methods of fixing that. I'm going to make some new lugs to weld on. I know somebody who can tig weld.

Old 19-01-2016
Established Member

The next stage of the process, duplicating this one I did earlier. Going to buy another thermo fan this size to fit in the factory shroud

Old 12-02-2016
Established Member

Complete! That was fairly difficult as the motor on this fan stuckout further than the previous fan i bought. Plus the shroud i worked with was not cut off at the bottom this time so had to assemble it with pop rivets while the fan blade was attached because i couldnt slot it in At the end. Essential for this is the conversion to zj belt pulley.

So this is an alternative to the 3 small electric fan set up. Its maybe cheaper cause i re use the existing thermo fan and the 16inch one was just $50 on ebay. Also need to track down a zj pulley bracket. So add that to the list of useful things to grab off that zj parts car next time.

Old 12-02-2016
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

I use the Zg bracket in mine with the twin fans in a dual speed configuration, works very well, has done for the last 7yrs.....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 13-02-2016
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
I use the Zg bracket in mine with the twin fans in a dual speed configuration, works very well, has done for the last 7yrs.....
Oh really? Do both fans stay on all the time. With a high and low speed operated by a thermostat pressure switch?
Old 13-02-2016
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillabongXJ View Post
Oh really? Do both fans stay on all the time. With a high and low speed operated by a thermostat pressure switch?
Mine run in low speed all the time, they change to high speed when the PCM determines that "high" is required (ala when the aux fan would normally turn on) plus I have an indash control to run them in auto or forced high speed as well as off for when required such as water crossings...

I originally perfomed this mod back in '09 using an ebay 16" fan and the original aux fan, my Xj is now 21yrs old and the original fan is due to be swapped out after running full time for the last 7yrs or 50,000kms it's now flogged out (but still works albeit rather noisly)....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Post New Thread  Reply