TJ: Supemad Build up - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-12-2010
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacsTJ View Post
Mate you gotta update with all the Xmas mods!!!
Yea what new mods you got?
Old 02-01-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well Santa (AKA my Girlfriend and parents) were really good to me. I didnt get any mods but had got a few add ons.

The rents gave me a Scangauge - very easy to use and exactly what i needed.

and the Girlfriend gave me some safari tube doors with neting and mirrors. They are awesome and definitely awesome fun to have on.

They are awesome... I been wanting to take the doors of for ever. I wont be using these for daily driving more as just for fun out bush and shooting.

I was like i was driving a totally different car. Drove it this way for the whole week. Passed a few police that didnt seem to notice to much. Though did have the roof on.

Went up to charlots pass in the snowy mountains on boxing day and it was freezing and even worse with the tube doors on but throwing on the ski gear was so worth it. The drive with the doors was awesome.

There was even still some snow up high.

Didnt really get to do much driving over the christmas break but got to go for a bit of a drive around the edge of Jindy

Tassie Jeeper - Yeah na will be going 4.56s with 33s. It would be no different to the way the car drives now on standard gears and 30s, Just gotta save the money as, like everyone says - when you do your diff ratios you might as well save money and spend money and get lockers put in. So some saving needs to be done.
Old 03-01-2011
Sponsored by Centrelink

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

bigger rubber and rims
Old 03-01-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked View Post
bigger rubber and rims
hahaha yep dont i know it... unfortunately injury bills had to come first. The saving has begun. Sold my KXF250 today and that will help in a big way.
Old 07-07-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supemad_one View Post
hahaha yep dont i know it... unfortunately injury bills had to come first. The saving has begun. Sold my KXF250 today and that will help in a big way.
Its been six months since my last post and a s%&t load of stuff has happened, not just to the car.

So finally after saving enough I got the shits with the standard ratios and got an awesome price on some 4.11 Nitro ratios from Stu at Murchinsons Products in Feb this year. Then I picked up a wicked deal on 5 brand new pro-comp Mud terrain tyres in 265/75/16s on brand new pro-comp polished rims for 1200.00

Then the saving started for the installs and at least a front locker.

Well then I went decided it was time to look at getting engaged to my Mrs so there went my locker funds.

After having the ratios for 5 months i finally got them installed in June. 4.11s and 30inch tyres is a really experience. 1st and 2nd are all but useful.

I have found changing more than one thing at a time can through your ability to read the normal signs of your car off and you may not pick up on any issue. So I drove around on the 30s for a while to make sure there were no issues.

Then last weekend finally I got to put some bigger boots on and man has it improved the look and feel of the car.