Reboot for Jeep in Australia - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2020
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Thats a horrible experience, had 3 Grands not one once of trouble in a total of 500,000km
I'm the same with my 2 Wranglers and now the GC. As per my last post, I've had some bad experiences with my local dealer over getting the JK's recalls done but my overall owning experience has been fantastic.

I've owned a lot of different brands of 4WDs and except for the Jeeps, they were all no end of trouble especially the Toyotas. Never owned a Nissan though, and never will.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 12-03-2020
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
I've owned a lot of different brands of 4WDs and except for the Jeeps, they were all no end of trouble especially the Toyotas. Never owned a Nissan though, and never will.
Same here for 4x4s brands my Nissan G60 though was a proper no nonsense truck and great fun, no drama with parts but then that was back when you threw a Holley on top and fancy electronics was a stereo radio cassette deck..lol............... 16mpg and 3 gears, AC was floor vents by the feet.... servicable by anybody with a spanner and feeler gauges.
Now I drive something that needs a computer techo with no knowledge of spanner craft.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 12-03-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujabe View Post
Absolutely - there won’t be a brand out there that hasn’t treated some of its customers like sh1t. I’ve had a good run with VW products (touch wood) - 3 vehicles over 6 years - only problems were a faulty door speaker and a loose hose clamp - Not a single recall. The Jeep gave me more grief in 4.5 years than every other vehicle I’ve owned in 20 years put together - my folks owned 2 Jeep’s and had similar experiences. 3 from 3 wins on VAG ownership and 3 from 3 fails on Jeep ownership has been pretty decisive for me!

wondering why you are even here if you drive a vag.

My experience is the opposite with vw . Two golf's both had engines replaced in our family. wk2 has been flawless . I'll be buying another grand for sure when this one dies but it's at 200K and still going strong .

Couldn't pay me enough to own another vag . Shit i'd buy a nissan before a vw and that won't happen
Old 12-03-2020

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
wondering why you are even here if you drive a vag
Because it’s possible to like more than one make of vehicle.

And because despite the fact I had a shitty ownership experience, I like Jeep and I’m interested in their vehicles and fortunes. I’d like to one day feel confident enough in the Australian operations to be able to buy another one.

The thread was discussing Jeep’s failure/recovery in Australia - I chimed in with my real-world experience is all.
Old 12-03-2020
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 47 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujabe View Post
Because it’s possible to like more than one make of vehicle.

And because despite the fact I had a shitty ownership experience, I like Jeep and I’m interested in their vehicles and fortunes. I’d like to one day feel confident enough in the Australian operations to be able to buy another one.

The thread was discussing Jeep’s failure/recovery in Australia - I chimed in with my real-world experience is all.
After your experience mate,I would be moving on , dont kid yourself.
Old 13-03-2020
CrawlerStar

Liked 201 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
I'm the same with my 2 Wranglers and now the GC.
Wrangler...... you may be called on for Tech support. Currently have a Wrangler project on the go. It stalled for a while but back at it now. Engine and trans removed. It is getting a NA Barra conversion.
Old 13-03-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
Couldn't pay me enough to own another vag . Shit i'd buy a nissan before a vw and that won't happen
I had this argument with a member on this forum about Fords (I can't remember who). They had bad experiences with Fords and absolutely rubbished them and fair enough due to their experience.

Me on the other hand have owned many Fords, mostly modified V8s and Turbo 6s, and apart from replacing a radiator and a pedal box in my AUII XR8 ute, had a great experience with every one of them.

I bought a MkV VW Golf GTI for my wife and it was a brilliant car to drive and own and if I ever went to a dual cab ute I'd seriously look at an Amarok or a Ranger.

Still wouldn't own a Nissan though

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Post New Thread  Reply