Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 82 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-08-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris20 View Post
I am going to the Jeep dealer on Friday for the latest FDCM fix.
I hope that they do it correctly. I have printed out the revised bulletin so that they can see exactly what has to be done.
Regards Chris
Good luck Chris. Hope it goes well.
Hopefully they read through or at least understand the latest bulletin. I have taken bits & pieces of information off this forum to my local dealership service centre and they claim that all forum stuff is crap and wont even look at the print offs.
No wonder I don't take my Jeep there for servicing.
Their attitude really sucks.

Cheers, Craig
Old 14-08-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
Good luck Chris. Hope it goes well.
Hopefully they read through or at least understand the latest bulletin. I have taken bits & pieces of information off this forum to my local dealership service centre and they claim that all forum stuff is crap and wont even look at the print offs.
No wonder I don't take my Jeep there for servicing.
Their attitude really sucks.

Cheers, Craig
If it's all crap then why do car companies actively watch forums to see what people are saying??..Agreed some posts are less informative than others but the majority are either people like me who are searching for answers (FC & Dealerships aren't that inclined to divulge) and get worthwhile answers or those with information to aid others re TSBs, Mods, source of aftermarket gear or lobbying for things like bullbars & snorkels..Definitely not crap..Problem is, and this dealer is a prime example, they don't like to be shown up by us plebs...I get it when I say "There is a TSB"..Seems they believe this type of information is for their eyes only..Keeps them the BS experts...If dealers don't tell how else do we find out...FORUMS (aka social media)

Last edited by Wanderer; 14-08-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 14-08-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 838 Times in 469 Posts

From my 2 hour mediation talk with the Jeep tech the other day it appears there will not be a recall to fix this N23 problem.In other words its up to the individual owner to go back to the dealer.Mine still hasnt notified me of the July 10th 0r 29th.update.!!!Remember this was caused by FCs N23 recall .Legally you can ask for out of pocket expenses to be paid,ie fuel,time lost etc.etc.If my vehicle fails again after this new software update ,FC are obliged to go to the next repair step within a strict time frame..If owners are getting the run around go to NCAT in NSW or your state tribunal.I have started the ball rolling.I can also send a copy of the letter I sent to NCAT.IF anybody wants one.
Old 20-08-2014
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default n23 recall

I did the pull the fuse trick on the 23rd April. It has worked well since then up until yesterday when I get the "service 4wd system" light.
So back to the stealer again I suppose.
Old 23-08-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 838 Times in 469 Posts

Took GC back to Coffs Hbr Monday got it back Thursday. Ozjeepster put in new actuator and did the latest updates.He reckons he cycled low around 100 times.I have cycled it around another 30.NO glitches.Hes pretty confident this is the final trip back to Coffs.!!! They gave me a loan car for the week on direction from FC.Still cynical ,however I have agreed to do this before plan B comes into play.As I have said before if FC were fairdinkum about this N23 problem they would notify ALL owners who had the original recall to check 4x4 low.Might frighten them.
Old 23-08-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Took GC back to Coffs Hbr Monday got it back Thursday. Ozjeepster put in new actuator and did the latest updates.He reckons he cycled low around 100 times.I have cycled it around another 30.NO glitches.Hes pretty confident this is the final trip back to Coffs.!!! They gave me a loan car for the week on direction from FC.Still cynical ,however I have agreed to do this before plan B comes into play.As I have said before if FC were fairdinkum about this N23 problem they would notify ALL owners who had the original recall to check 4x4 low.Might frighten them.
Hey bjm, was the actuator necessary???
I tried a non affected actuator with the effected FDCM and 4 Low didn't work.
Put the pre-flashed FDCM back in along with the affected actuator and have no problem with 4 Low for the last 6 months.

Cheers, Craig
Old 23-08-2014
It's a JK Thing ;)

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 105 Times in 64 Posts

The actuator was installed under instruction from my DSM as it had been asigned to his car months ago , and BJ remember to not stuff all your recovery gear under your seat

OIIIIIIIO
Post New Thread  Reply