Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 93 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 44 Times in 37 Posts

I have just had the re-flash done and it is working fine so far, only tried it about 10 times in the last couple of days and it works as should.
Old 04-10-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default enough said

Rather dramatic way of fixing his Jeep..Guess he's made his point about FC's Customer Service..Doesn't do much for Jeep PR though

Read thi article for the final Bash & Burn:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1227079770279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Rather dramatic way of fixing his Jeep..Guess he's made his point about FC's Customer Service..Doesn't do much for Jeep PR though

This guy joined Ausjeep trying to explain his actions but I don't think he got 1 sympathetic comment let alone any support, what did he achieve? We all know the reliability can be woeful sometimes.

He would have been better off selling the parts & then getting one of those care crushers to flatten the body out the front of his jeep dealer less net loss to him & us jeepers would have gotten some useful parts

That endless winding over with no one in the car was just a joke, I can make mine do the same

Quote:

Read thi article for the final Bash & Burn:

That guy is a self-obsessed wanker of the highest order who can't even pronounce "manufacturer" properly!

As Clarky said - what did he actually achieve? Not much! With so much bad shit going on in the world today, why didn't he turn it into something positive by making it a charity donation or something of use? He still could have rallied politicians and sponsors to get behind it, but instead he just wanted his time in the spotlight and make it all about him.

FYI I posted a link to the video in the dedicated thread. What a snoozefest!

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...06#post1495406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
That guy is a self-obsessed wanker of the highest order who can't even pronounce "manufacturer" properly!

As Clarky said - what did he actually achieve? Not much! With so much bad shit going on in the world today, why didn't he turn it into something positive by making it a charity donation or something of use? He still could have rallied politicians and sponsors to get behind it, but instead he just wanted his time in the spotlight and make it all about him.

FYI I posted a link to the video in the dedicated thread. What a snoozefest!

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...06#post1495406
Maybe so but I think the real point of the exercise (probably not the best way of making it) is to try to get the appropriate pollies to legislate US style "Lemom Laws" here in AU.....I can sympathise with his plight though from past experience...Don't think anyone would disagree that better consumer protection for "Lemon" vehicle owners is needed here...Anyway regardless of what I think, the general public who are thinking of buying a Jeep will probably reconsider after seeing this but I don't think Jeep are on their own when it comes to poor after sales Customer Care..Just try to talk to someone of importance at FC Jeep and see how far you get...Don't hold your breath waiting I can vouch for that...They all need to lift their game or be forced to...I'm on my umpteenth Jeep (since 1994) so as loyal as they come so I'm not about to bag Jeeps only question automobile company attitudes..

Now that we don't have any local car manufacturing we might have a chance at lemon laws as it won't hurt the local economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Now that we don't have any local car manufacturing we might have a chance at lemon laws as it won't hurt the local economy.
Lets see if import laws are loosened up so we can buy direct from dealers overseas.

Quote:
Maybe so but I think the real point of the exercise (probably not the best way of making it) is to try to get the appropriate pollies to legislate US style "Lemom Laws" here in AU.....I can sympathise with his plight though from past experience...Don't think anyone would disagree that better consumer protection for "Lemon" vehicle owners is needed here...Anyway regardless of what I think, the general public who are thinking of buying a Jeep will probably reconsider after seeing this but I don't think Jeep are on their own when it comes to poor after sales Customer Care..Just try to talk to someone of importance at FC Jeep and see how far you get...Don't hold your breath waiting I can vouch for that...They all need to lift their game or be forced to...I'm on my umpteenth Jeep (since 1994) so as loyal as they come so I'm not about to bag Jeeps only question automobile company attitudes..
Yeah, nah.... Sorry, I can't agree with you there Wanderer.

That was his secondary point. He was entirely motivated by his own selfish reasons as he couldn't get his own way through the normal channels. For some reason I get the feeling he is used to getting his own way all the time and just couldn't take no for answer on this occasion.

I'm not saying that car manufacturers shouldn't treat consumers better, or even that I am not an advocate for lemon laws in Australia, because I totally agree that there should be better protection for consumers. However, plain and simple, this guy bought a car that had multiple minor issues - all of which were fixed by the Dealer under warranty at no cost to him - and 4 years after he bought the vehicle he expects a full refund from FC? What a dreamer!!

It's not like the Dealer refused to fix the issues, or a fault caused an accident, or the vehicle was unsafe to drive at all. It was just an inconvenience for him and his family. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone that hasn't experienced an inconvenience of some sort after purchasing a new item at some stage in their lives. Shit happens! Suck it up and move on! FC even offered him a reasonable buy back price for a 4 year old car and he didn't take it. Fool!. Did the engine blow up? No. Did a wheel fall off at 100km/hr? No. Did the vehicle catch fire? No.

Sorry, but I just see this guy for what he is - an attention-seeking man child looking after his own interests and nothing more.

[QUOTE=Hanna;1495557]Yeah, nah.... Sorry, I can't agree with you there Wanderer.
QUOTE]

Wow..Stirred something up there....You do make some valid points and I did say "Probably not the best way of making it"..I see it from a different angle having gone through a protracted and stressful process myself (sorry prevented from giving details), I back introducing stronger "Lemon Laws" so naturally see a really pissed of Jeep owner..my bias I'm afraid..Also having been the brunt of numerous "Cheap Jeep" & "Just Empty Every Pocket" etc etc remarks over the years, I don't like bad PR for Jeeps and have gone out of my way to prove to the Tojo drivers that Jeep is as good if not better than them .. Stronger Lemon Laws work for all so that is the issue I see. Good thing about this country Freedom of Speech (well so far) and everone has a different way of expressing it..Pity the N23 debacle has taken so long to resolve and how many frustrated owners out there don't know how to exercise their consumer rights or what they are: This is something worth reading.

Broken but out of warranty? You still have rights

Sounds good but just try exercising you rights and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by Clarky; 06-10-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Not N23 related, please use existing thread
Old 06-10-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

[quote=Wanderer;1495579]
Quote:
Yeah, nah.... Sorry, I can't agree with you there Wanderer.
QUOTE]

.Pity the N23 debacle has taken so long to resolve and how many frustrated owners out there don't know how to exercise their consumer rights or what they are: This is something worth reading.

Broken but out of warranty? You still have rights

Sounds good but just try exercising you rights and you'll see what I mean.
I believe that it is the legal action that bjm took against CF that got them into action to resolve the N23 issue as they realized that they would have been in trouble if the action proceeded to a hearing.

In my view the Destroy my Jeep fellow went about things the wrong way I don't think he achieved anything by doing what he did...didn't get him a new car did it and it was never likely to. I can't understand why he did not take legal action against CF I believe he would have got a far better result.

While there is now new legislation, it is largely based on the old Trade Practices Act. I'm fairly sure that prior to this new legislation consumers were still protected by statutory guarantees and in any case a Court has discretionary powers to rule whatever it considers fair and just under the circumstances.
Old 06-10-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have merged the destroy my jeep comments into one post to clean up the tread, can we please keep this topic N23 related thankyou.
Clarky
Old 06-10-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
I have merged the destroy my jeep comments into one post to clean up the tread, can we please keep this topic N23 related thankyou.
Clarky
Hi Clarky... In a way some it is on topic ie Consumer Rights relevant to the N23 fiasco (re bjm's court action which got FC jumping to the benefit of all) ... As you know from the start this is where much of the thread discussion hinged...& of course since reports that the new N23 fix is working so far, let's see what the long term results are an we may just have to revisit this issue of Consumer Rights & Lemon Laws...I think "Consumer Rights" is just as relevant even if the Bash & Burn KK Cherokee owner's methods aren't but to me has reignited the issue..Anyway each to their own & I've had my say so that's it....I've been through the mill with this as had bjm.

PS: Last word...For those N23 sufferers interested, this came with my new Jeep warranty as an addendum :

Important Consumer Information

Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the
Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement
or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other
reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to
have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of
acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Warranty provides you with benefits that are in addition to your
rights and remedies under the ACL. In summary, these additional
benefits include:
- Ease of claims Iodgement - simply return the vehicle to our
workshop, provide us with your warranty details and the claim
Iodgement will be taken care of for you. No claim form is
required.
- Speed of claim approval - over 90% of reported claims are
assessed by our warranty administrator on the same day the
claim is reported, so we can get you back on the road as soon as
possible.
- Additional benefits - cover is provided for costs relating to towing,
car rental, and accommodation.
CWP_CJD _0913
4506-0913 PRN 16411

Last edited by Wanderer; 06-10-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Deteted & edited some comment & addes PS
Old 06-10-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

I agree with Wanderer re: some being relevant to the N23 debacle topic.

As both Wanderer and Roscoea26 have correctly said, it demonstrates clearly how these issues should be dealt with in the right way (bjm - a legend whom everyone with a Grand/Commander owes a slab) and the wrong way (he who shall not be mentioned in this thread again).

I didn't intend to take the thread off topic, I was merely trying to aid the discussion at hand by offering my view on the other topic after closely following it's thread and the subsequent outcomes.

Now that that's settled - can everyone please confirm that this N23 debacle is officially over so I can go out and get me a nice new WH Grand/XH Commander?
Old 06-10-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:

Now that that's settled - can everyone please confirm that this N23 debacle is officially over so I can go out and get me a nice new WH Grand/XH Commander?
Hear Hear..If they still made Commanders I'd buy another any day...Wonder what the new 7 seat Wagoneer is like,,,Commander by another name (WK2 reskin & longer eg WH/XH)..Did love that Commander though (without the N23 recall) but am starting to feel at home in the WK2...Do miss the QD2 all around.

Last edited by Wanderer; 06-10-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply