Big jeeps and fat people in USA - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2019
Yeah I bought another one

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It still blows my mind the way some of us blokes will spend hours and loads of cash fixing a problem with a Jeep but ignore or worse deny personal health issues and avoid seeing doctors
I’m certainly not in any position to preach but changes to lifestyle, improved diet and exercise will go a LONG way to improving both physical and mental health!
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Old 11-11-2019
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

I know my i am considered obese and i know what i can do about it should i want that to change. It is just a label, like a lot of figures and guidelines out of the medical community they are generic, based on the averages and do not take into account anything about an individual.

My skeletal frame is extremely large, my forearm bones are larger than most peoples leg bones, the width between humerus across shoulders is more than some people are tall. My doctor has specifically told me that my target weight should be 110kg which makes me 30kg overweight.

Now why? it is always the important question to ask right? ok sure so here we go. I have worked in technology since leaving school. I make a very good living sitting on my arse, exposed to a screen and keyboard 10 - 12 hours a day, add in 3 hours of commuting and i am sitting on my arse for 13 - 15 hours a day, the only real exercise is the speed at which my fingers move. Do you think i want to go the to gym, or on a run or anything like it after a day like that? hell no, there is only so many hours in a day! when it comes to weekends i spend time with family, it is what life is all about, those family members with the exception of some golf do not like the great outdoors and that limits my activity on weekends.

So do i want to change it? i think i would be more comfortable if i lost about 20 - 30kg but, i need to make serious changes to my lifestyle and chief amongst those in my opinion would be what i do for 10 - 15 hours a day. I have reached the 115kg mark many times, i cannot maintain it because of my lifestyle. I would be so much healthier and physically fit were i working in the great outdoors and being active all day long. The reality is my family and i have expectations and living standards and my job / career is what provides that. I would need another 10 - 15 years to reach the same level in another industry.

The reality is that the type of work i do is the type of work many more people are doing these days and that carries with it some pretty serious health impacts. Wait another 10 years and see what things look like. It will in my opinion get allot worse with automation penetration displacing physically demanding work with sedentary work. In the future there will be very limited opportunities for good paying work in physically demanding jobs where the cost of that labor is expensive to the corporation / company / business needing it.

The future looks bleak, for everything, health, wellbeing, physical fitness, mental health, lifestyle standards, the economy, the platnet / environment, drinkable water etc etc etc. Capitalism, extremely poor governance and extreme stupidity will ruin it for us all in the end.
Old 11-11-2019
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I only gave up the ciggies again a couple of years ago, given them up plenty of times, this time seems to have stuck a bit better. I have lived in Thailand for the past 5 years, and my eating habits have been awesome. I was never a big bloke, was always a skinny kid, in my 30's I was only 68-70kg, and hit 40 and only 72kg.

Now I am 85kg and that 13kg difference is muscle. Hit the gym each day, eat lots, but good food. Do indulge peridocally but I am far more wary about what goes in the engine now.

I couldn't fathom how difficult it would be to carry around 140kg+ weight on the body, the exhaustion, the joint pain, etc etc.

As for the mental health side of things, well thats something close to home for me also, the gym helps me with that, the minimilist lifestyle I now have is also a help. I try and keep life simple, uncomplicated and stress free, and this works well for me, not for everyone though.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 11-11-2019
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I only gave up the ciggies again a couple of years ago, given them up plenty of times, this time seems to have stuck a bit better. I have lived in Thailand for the past 5 years, and my eating habits have been awesome. I was never a big bloke, was always a skinny kid, in my 30's I was only 68-70kg, and hit 40 and only 72kg.

Now I am 85kg and that 13kg difference is muscle. Hit the gym each day, eat lots, but good food. Do indulge peridocally but I am far more wary about what goes in the engine now.

I couldn't fathom how difficult it would be to carry around 140kg+ weight on the body, the exhaustion, the joint pain, etc etc.

As for the mental health side of things, well thats something close to home for me also, the gym helps me with that, the minimilist lifestyle I now have is also a help. I try and keep life simple, uncomplicated and stress free, and this works well for me, not for everyone though.
Very happy to hear the whole Thailand thing is still working for you mate. Takes some balls to pack up shop and move to another country with a completely different culture and make a go and success of it. Sounds like it has been a really positive thing that has resulted in a better outcomes for you, your life and general happiness, way to go mate!

PS: my leg is as tall and wide as you

Last edited by ARB87U; 11-11-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

"I know my i am considered obese and i know what i can do about it"

I know that being obese is multifactorial for many people and that, in today's world of increasingly sedentary jobs, the issue of balancing what goes in with what is burnt up is a challenge.

In many ways the "ideal weight" things is an idealised form but we do know that going to the plus side is detrimental to health. The science is there!!

Exercise or not, the way to reduce weight is by calorie control. That is, matching how many calories u need for your lifestyle with how much u take in. Most sedentary workers only need about 1000-1200 calories a day max. It doesn't matter how big your frame is tho u do need to make a mild adjustment for "ideal" weight. The resurgence in delivered food (Lite n Easy for example) is about calorie control... perhaps an expensive strategy for losing weight but it works. Exercise helps because calories r burnt off quicker. But if u limit calorie intake to even a little below what u need u will lose weight.

I decided to keep a food diary for 3 days about 5 yrs ago when I began to balloon. At midday on the first day, after religiously writing down everything I had eaten from sun up to then, I counted my calories out of interest (as u do) and I was completely gobsmacked when I discovered that I had already taken in 2000 calories. No shit, this was true. BUT I also had forgotten nearly all of the things I had eaten. "Did I really eat all that?" The diary did not lie.

Part of my weight loss strategy was to not have extras, not have seconds, not cook more so there were left overs to pick at, not buy junk food (I don't eat it anyway), cut out calorific food (cakes, potatoes, bread and spreads etc), increase low or no calorie intake food( eg lettuce etc) and no sugar drinks, beer or mixers (not that I have these anyway). I also got rid of the platters, big frying pans and pots etc so that I simply could not cook big amounts. It worked and in 8 weeks I lost 18kgs and have kept it off. My work requires a lot of walking and so that helped too. When I look down, I can still see my dick!!

Last night a 36 yr old man was admitted with a massive heart attack. He was 125kgs and his mother kept referring to him as her "little boy". No idea that the weight and his inactivity were significant factors.

Stay positive.... and thin. Both really matter.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 11-11-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-11-2019
Lowranger Shocker

well if seeing your dick is the measure i am golden, or maybe gifted. Either way i have it covered LOL
Post New Thread  Reply