Another WH Swirl motor victim - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2011
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Another WH Swirl motor victim

Did the swirl motor coming home on the highway the other day.
Just waiting to find out how much it's going to be.......$$$$$$$

Yay....can't wait to find out.

Cheers,
Ray
Swirlmotordeathclubnewbie.
Old 06-03-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bad luck there about the swirl motor. I still can't get why it's not a recall item. Let us know what the cost will be as at my last service i was told mine needed replacing. That was about 3 months ago and it is still running fine. It is like driving around in a ticking time bomb!!!
Old 07-03-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

guys on the UK forum were looking for a dead swirl motor to tear apart and see why they fail. any chance you could get the dead swirl motor and post up some photos of it before the dealer throws it in the trash?
Old 07-03-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

jump up and down guys, you can get want you want if you make enough noise
Old 08-03-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

When mine went on holidays last year (caused by the leaking turbo inlet seal) at first extendard warranty (Swann) would not cover it as they said it was the clips(clips and fastners are not covered).

After talking to the dealer and in nice way telling him that i was a Jeep nut ( and that the QLD Jeep rep goes to Camp Coffs )and that this is a known issue Jeep came to the party with all the parts free of charge and the dealer was very helpfull with the labour cost, and on my return was able to prove it was the motor that failed and Swann refunded my costs.

So i didn't so much yell and screem and jump up and down as just explain with much frustration that this is a issue and should be delt with.

On return to Sydney i rang Jeep told them what had happened and that this issue could return and they took all mine and the Jeeps details and was told that should this happen again the dealer is to first contact Jeep to discuss the matter.

But now that the is seal is sealed correctly and does't leak and i have fitted a Provent Filter, fingers crossed no more drammars.

"Such Is Life"
Old 08-03-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My point is this seems a common issue and are Jeep addressing this? I don't think anyone goes into a service dept yelling and screaming.

I was very humble when my engine blew up, I saw the service manager nearly every day at the coffee shop near where we both worked for 3 years. I never missed a service etc. He then quoted me $77K for a new engine.

After that the approach I used was to contact Mercedes Benz as that engine is in 28% of all cars sold in Australia and they cant afford to have there reputation tarnished. Someone should contact Merc and explain what is happening they will have someone contact Jeep to look into this issue i bet.
Old 08-03-2011
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well the good news is Jeep replaced the motor for free, I just had to pay for labour, so I was pretty happy with that.
I'll be back at dealership tomorrow (other probs after i picked it up) so I'll see if I can get it.
Post New Thread  Reply