Commander 3.0l crd engine problem "PLEASE HELP" - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-03-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Thanks Mate, I have been getting parts out of The Horsham Car Centre in England. They are really cheap & only take about a week to arrive. They do a service package with air, oil & fuel filter for about $110 AU delivered. They were on Ebay but they seem to have gone. You can email them direct. I got my throttle position sensor from them for about $160.
On another note, i put the commander back together this afternoon. 4 hours & 4 beers later, i fire it up & take it for a drive. The thing is flying with no surging or red light. I dumper the throttle a couple of times & it launched. What the????
I'm not complaining, but i still don't know what it was or is??
The only thing i did was remove the cats clean the sensors in them & pull off a few electrical connectors & reconnect them.
Anyway, touch wood its fixed. I'm not holding my breath though.
Oh, i did ring my local Jeep dealer & there is a 4-5 week wait to get it looked at.

Last edited by gleeson235; 20-03-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 21-03-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Stop the celibrations, red lighted on the way to work.
Old 26-03-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Removed CPU & throttle, cleaned terminals & checked Ohms on cables. All OK. Put everything back & it now runs without the surging, but in limp mode. hooked up scan tool & delete the codes. Runs fine for about 10 mins & limps again. Back to the scan tool. P0403 EGR Circuit malfunction. Removed the EGR & cleaned. Replaced but still Limping. Waiting for test procedures to confirm bad EGR. I wonder what code it will spit next.
Old 27-03-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hope you find out what it is mate i have been watching this post and praying you find it
good luck with diagnosing the egr
Old 27-03-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Has anyone bypassed the EGR before??
Old 27-03-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO'ARD View Post
hope you find out what it is mate i have been watching this post and praying you find it
good luck with diagnosing the egr
Thanks Go'ard, I hope i find it too. It's been a real pest. I am hoping the EGR was the problem all along & the throttle prob was a symtom that went along with it. The auto elecrtician said it's not the first time he has had a fault code send him on a wild goose chase. I've got my fingers crossed.
Old 29-03-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Well it looks like we have a winner. Took it to the Auto Elects today with the test procedures for the EGR & bingo. The thing is not working. It stuck in the closed position. I may have been stuck in the open position for a while to explain the surging problem i had to start with. I also read some where on a Merc forum that the EGR works in conjunction with the turbo, again explains if stuck shut, why the air is blowing back out the front of the turbo when you back off quickly. All fingers crossed. I'll be back on the road in no time.
Firstly i will have to mortgage the house though. Jeep Aus want, sitting down, $1930.00 for it. I have Jeep Engines in QLD getting a price out of the states for me but i think There's are different. They have cooling inlets from the radiator.
I have also sent an email to Europarts.
Horsham Car Center out of England have quoted me $610.00AU including delivery.
If there is any other options for purchase, I would appreciate them.
3.0l CRD EGR Valve Part # Jeep 68064963AA
Merc A6421400860
I also have the P0403, P2121 & P2138 test prcedures if anyone want tham.

Last edited by gleeson235; 29-03-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: .
Post New Thread  Reply