What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 729 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 113 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
I am hitting the top hiem joints on the poly sway bar links with some Lanox spray that I use on the boat motor after each outing. With no rain it stays squeak free for prob a month ir better. But with all the rain lately it seems to flush it out and squeaks again within a couple of weeks.

Strangely its the front ones that sqeak the most/quickest. The rears last a lot longer.

Sent from Tapatalk on a Galaxy S3 all on its own while I was working.
this one ??

I use this stuff on my jetski around the jet pump etc.. and not even hooning around at 100km/h ++ in salt water removes it.. always still there after each trip.. if it is the same stuff.. then who knows what would help.. maybe a heavy motorcycle chain lube
Old 21-03-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdognz View Post
My ClicOn unit arrived for my JK so I able to move the newly installed UHF handset up and where I can see it. Its a good solution for the handset in a JK2007-2010 and I paid $50 from TJM Brendale, part number is 653945 wwwholdmyphone.com.au

Heh man thats an awesome idea, looks good
Old 21-03-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default What have you done to your JK this week?

Gave the jeep some loving today bath and polish.. Need to be polished really bad but she looks much better now. I also took off the Rubicon and Wrangler stickers off, the Front JEEP badge was also removed..

Last edited by Davesjeep; 21-03-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 22-03-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts

Turns out the AEV products stand up to the knocks as I guess most bars do though. I ended up in a 3 way car incident yesterday by the GBB in Brisbane with a car being shunted very hard in to the back of my Jeep while at a standstill waiting on a red light, the middel car was written off in the incident with most of the front crushed in as it was pushed into the rear AEV bar and rear tire, damage sustained to the bar was a cosmetic scratch and a slight bend in the middle of the bar on the plate that runs under the step.

After it was sorted out I went passed Stu's workshop where we checked for other damage to the Jeep chassis and all was ok, I think if this bar hadnt have been put on the HJeep plastic bumper would have crushed and I would be looking at a written off car due to rear end damage. Everyone was ok thankfully.
Old 22-03-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Turns out the AEV products stand up to the knocks as I guess most bars do though. I ended up in a 3 way car incident yesterday by the GBB in Brisbane with a car being shunted very hard in to the back of my Jeep while at a standstill waiting on a red light, the middel car was written off in the incident with most of the front crushed in as it was pushed into the rear AEV bar and rear tire, damage sustained to the bar was a cosmetic scratch and a slight bend in the middle of the bar on the plate that runs under the step.

After it was sorted out I went passed Stu's workshop where we checked for other damage to the Jeep chassis and all was ok, I think if this bar hadnt have been put on the HJeep plastic bumper would have crushed and I would be looking at a written off car due to rear end damage. Everyone was ok thankfully.
Glad to hear everyone was OK!! Bloody hell HDNZ, your not havin a good run. First off your DW woes and now this, I hope the bars were added onto your insurance policy.
Old 22-03-2013
Established Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:

Glad to hear both you & your Jeep are ok mate
Old 22-03-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did some shopping and picking up in LA today.
New Daystar dashtop holder with GPS mount
Factor 55 Pro Link
Another set of Dually fog lights
New Rugged Ridge Aluminium Bonnet hold downs
3 x Bolt padlocks which will key to the Wrangler key.
A pair of Metal grab handles from Welcome Distributing
New Wiper Blades
Air Con filters
and more camping stuff from REI. Still got tomorrow to go for more bits
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep bits.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	60732