WK2 Bullbar - When ARB? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB 4X4 Accessories View Post
Hi guys, it's great to see that you're interested in ARB protection equipment for your WK2 Grand Cherokees. It's certainly a product line that we're committed to developing and acknowledge that there are many people who require protection equipment for off road and remote area travel in these vehicles.

Unfortunately, with the release of so many new and facelift vehicles recently, coupled with an unprecedented demand for our products in the last 6 months, some development projects have, regrettably, been delayed. With many of the recent releases being either updates to existing vehicles or the expansion of existing product ranges, development for these projects has taken priority of late.

To give you some background, our design engineering department has over 30 full time engineers working to develop a range of ARB products for new and updated vehicles. The engineering and development work required to develop, test, refine and re-test any single product before it's made available to our customers is substantial, particularly with modern vehicle impact systems, stability control (ESC) and CAN bus electrical systems.

We're aware that the current delays are very frustrating for our customers and are subsequently investing millions of dollars in new machinery and facilities in order to increase our development and manufacturing capabilities and reduce future delays.

As soon as we have some concrete development information, I'll be happy to make it available here on the forum. In the mean time, we apologise for the delay in releasing our range of WK2 Grand Cherokee accessories and ask that you remain patient in the knowledge that we're working as hard as we can to bring these products to market.

Cheers, Sam.
Thanks Sam for taking the time to post and update. Not sure if the info provided helps or hinders in our quest to fit up our new WK2 Jeeps with aftermarket accessories. In effect, what I'm beginning to realise is that if you purchase a Jeep, then ARB's not for you. Look elsewhere.

Business must be good for ARB that we don't matter in the urgency stakes. Is one of the 30 design tech's at least dedicated to the WK2?

By the end of Sept, I'll have spent just over $5k on accessories for mine and despite 6 visits to ARB outlets since last November, not one of those dollars has gone your way despite my best attempts to do so.

While I also accept there is a supply v demand rationalisation, if the ARB Marketing and Management departments understood the demographic of the WK2 Grand Cherokee (predominantly 35 to 70 yo cashed up males) the decision to at least provide a bullbar would have received more urgent attention and more than reap a financial return to the ARB shareholder/owners.

Today I'm taking up options as independant manufacturers go to market. i.e. ECB & LRA, and the longer you leave it to realise you may have made an error in deciding to delay, the longer it will be for these customers and their decendants to come back to ARB when next we upgrade.

If not already done, someone in ARB needs to look at how many WK2's have been sold and who has them. The bullbar particularly needed urgently for not only offroad work but for the huge caravan touring market in Australia. Assume someone in ARB has heard of the term Baby Boomers and mid aged executives and the financial market power they can spend in.

Please don't take this as a negative, just a good customer trying to give you feedback and $$$$'s business.

Scott

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 06-08-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB 4X4 Accessories View Post
As soon as we have some concrete development information, I'll be happy to make it available here on the forum.
Hi Sam, thanks for signing up and providing the advice. Always good to get it from the horses mouth.

I look forward to ARB commenting on new products and developments for Jeeps here in the future.

For the record my hands up for a winch bar also.

cheers

Steve
Old 06-08-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarps View Post
Thanks Sam for taking the time to post and update. Not sure if the info provided helps or hinders in our quest to fit up our new WK2 Jeeps with aftermarket accessories. In effect, what I'm beginning to realise is that if you purchase a Jeep, then ARB's not for you. Look elsewhere.

Business must be good for ARB that we don't matter in the urgency stakes. Is one of the 30 design tech's at least dedicated to the WK2?

By the end of Sept, I'll have spent just over $5k on accessories for mine and despite 6 visits to ARB outlets since last November, not one of those dollars has gone your way despite my best attempts to do so.

While I also accept there is a supply v demand rationalisation, if the ARB Marketing and Management departments understood the demographic of the WK2 Grand Cherokee (predominantly 35 to 70 yo cashed up males) the decision to at least provide a bullbar would have received more urgent attention and more than reap a financial return to the ARB shareholder/owners.

Today I'm taking up options as independant manufacturers go to market. i.e. ECB & LRA, and the longer you leave it to realise you may have made an error in deciding to delay, the longer it will be for these customers and their decendants to come back to ARB when next we upgrade.

If not already done, someone in ARB needs to look at how many WK2's have been sold and who has them. The bullbar particularly needed urgently for not only offroad work but for the huge caravan touring market in Australia. Assume someone in ARB has heard of the term Baby Boomers and mid aged executives and the financial market power they can spend in.

Please don't take this as a negative, just a good customer trying to give you feedback and $$$$'s business.

Scott
Scott,
I own a late model WH and have also been frustrated by the apparent lack of support and accessories for my model coming out of ARB.
I am still trying to figure out is Sam's reply to your post was a genuine answer or a fob-off !!!
I am looking elsewhere for aftermarket bits for my WH and I would suggest that you do the same. Sadly, I think your observation is correct and you'll have a long wait if you hang around waiting for ARB to build accessories for vehicles other than the so-called popular ones from manufacturer's like Nissan & Toyota. By the way this is not in any way a bash session against these brands just frustration at the lack of support that ARB are sending the way of the Jeep community.....

My thought's only, take them for what they are.......
Old 06-08-2012
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Scott,
I own a late model WH and have also been frustrated by the apparent lack of support and accessories for my model coming out of ARB.
I am still trying to figure out is Sam's reply to your post was a genuine answer or a fob-off !!!
I am looking elsewhere for aftermarket bits for my WH and I would suggest that you do the same. Sadly, I think your observation is correct and you'll have a long wait if you hang around waiting for ARB to build accessories for vehicles other than the so-called popular ones from manufacturer's like Nissan & Toyota. By the way this is not in any way a bash session against these brands just frustration at the lack of support that ARB are sending the way of the Jeep community.....

My thought's only, take them for what they are.......
Thnx Chris, appreciate your feedback and thoughts. You're right though, I'll only have the cash in the bank for so long before some lucky 4WD retailer manages to swap their product with my cash.

BTW, I've seen lots of Prado's, Pajero's, Rangers etc on the road without 4WD aftermarket products attached, so not sure how and why we become excluded.

Old 07-08-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarps View Post
Thnx Chris, appreciate your feedback and thoughts. You're right though, I'll only have the cash in the bank for so long before some lucky 4WD retailer manages to swap their product with my cash.

BTW, I've seen lots of Prado's, Pajero's, Rangers etc on the road without 4WD aftermarket products attached, so not sure how and why we become excluded.
Scott,
Have you had a chat with Stuart Murchison (CRDSTU here on the forum) He is doing some fantastic gear for all the Jeep models and especially the Grand Chrerokee's. I know he will have a few projects on the boil for your WK model. Well worth keeping in touch with him, you can look him up through his web site "www.murchisonproducts.com.au".
Old 07-08-2012
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Scott,
Have you had a chat with Stuart Murchison (CRDSTU here on the forum) He is doing some fantastic gear for all the Jeep models and especially the Grand Chrerokee's. I know he will have a few projects on the boil for your WK model. Well worth keeping in touch with him, you can look him up through his web site "www.murchisonproducts.com.au".
Thnx Chris, I have been watching his site, but will emsil Him today to see where He's at. I know He was doing a lift kit that's on my future list with a decent set of tyres.

Old 07-08-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

I think you'll find Sams response is very genuine in the fact ARB will get around to it one day. What I can read into the format of his reply is that no reference in any way to a timeline basically means no time in the short to medium term. Simply I don't believe they see it as a big enough market at this time.

Has anyone put the hard word on TJM they do make some nice winch bars.