AMC-20 Bullet Proof Complete Rear Axle Assembly - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > 4~SALE > Accessories & Parts
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default AMC-20 Bullet Proof Complete Rear Axle Assembly

Asking Price: 1299
Condition: remanufactured
For Sale AMC-20 Bullet Proof Complete Rear Axle Assembly
This AMC 20 complete rear axles assembly (4.11 Ratio) was built to handle a worked 360 cui AMC V8 engine yet to be built

It’s was for a complete ground up rebuild of a 1979 Jeep CJ7 Quadratrac. My health setbacks due major neck surgery (photo supplied it wanted) from a car accident, this enable my wife to convince me to sell the 79 CJ7 chassis and complete new body (name supplied if required) in its place we brought a 1983 CJ7 Laredo.

My plan was to put this new axle assembly into the new 83 CJ7. Wrong!! the assembly in the 83 CJ7 was wider and different ratios. I was extremely disappointed due to work and expense I had put into this dream diff assembly; it has taken me nearly a year to put it up for sale.

As shown in pictures

· The axle housing was completely stripped sandblasted and all surface wire brushed and smoothed. The housing was treated & painted with POR-15 products and painted black.
· Diff carrier was cleaned, wire brushed and all surfaces smooth and deburred
· Brake backing plates were sandblasted and were treated & painted with POR-15 products and painted black.
New parts supplied from the USA were as follows

· Ring Gear and bolts (Yukon)
· Pinion Gear Yukon
· Limited Slip Diff – pinion gears & shaft, side gears, thrust washers, clutch plate assembly etc. (Spartan) see locker info below
· Diff Carrier Bearings & Shims
· Yoke, Oil Seal & Nut
· Front & Rear Pinion Bearings & Slinger
· Pinion depth shims
· Rear Axle Kit, -2 one-piece axle shafts (Crown)
· Rear Hub to Drum Wheel Stud (12 off)
· Axle Shaft Outer Seals
· Inner Axle Oil Seal
· And any other part I may have missed
Diff Assembly
I wanted only the best to assembly these parts. Works were carried by Phil Ring proprietor of PDR Differential and Driveshaft Centre
6-8 Hede Street, Geelong South P: 03 5224 1252 F: 03 5224 1595
E: info@pdrdiff.com.au http://www.pdrdiff.com.au/
If you wish to speak to Phil about this diff assembly text me 0400 129 151
Can arrange courier at buyer request. I am willing to deliver within a reasonable distance
YUKON RING & PINION
Features - Developed for rear wheel drive passenger and light duty trucks. Full line of popular performance & racing gears: Full line of off-road gears: Smooth finish: Easy Set-Up.Run cooler and quieter than other aftermarket gears:

Spartan Locker
The Spartan's operation is fully automatic. Designed to send power to the wheels with the most traction, the Spartan Locker will help get you where you want to go. While traveling straight the Spartan will lock the axles together similar to a spool. However, when the wheels need to differentiate in a turn, the Spartan locker will allow the outside wheel to rotate faster to complete the turn. The internal gears on the Spartan will overrun each other to allow this differentiation.

Spartan Locker When operating off-road, the Spartan Locker will always send the engine power to the wheels that need it most. For example, if you are rock crawling and one wheel is in the air (complete loss of traction), the wheel on the ground will receive the engine power and keep you going. Whether it be snow, sand, mud, ice, etc... the Spartan will give you the traction you need.

Attached Thumbnails
1.JPG   3.JPG   4.JPG   8.JPG   9.JPG  

Last edited by Jimmyb; 08-07-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-06-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Good luck with the sale.

I'm always on the look out for a stronger rear, but this won't work for mine.

I can vouch for Phil at PDR. Guy's a champion. Genuine diff tech.
Old 18-06-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default AMC-20 Bullet Proof Complete Rear Axle Assembly

Bump still for sale
Old 08-07-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)