JK CRD - 25,000km Engine Seizure - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down JK CRD - 25,000km Engine Seizure

Hey guys, I'm not trying to deface a brand or anything, I just want Chrysler to listen.
Click Here for the Facebook Page I Made.

Have you ever bought a brand-new car, only to have it's engine fail at 25,000km even though you performed all the necessary services?
Have you then had to wait 5 months+ for the short block to be replaced at 53,000kms?
I have.

The turbo failed at around 25,000km - and dumped all the oil, some around the engine bay and some got burnt - It was in the shop for about a month at that point, so I was without a car for most of that time.

Then at 53,000km, the bottom end, which was rebuilt, had to be replaced, it's been in the shop since boxing day 2011, it's now the 5th of June 2012.

Please have a read of the facebook page, some of the Repair Orders are listed. - also, click "like" if you could.

I just want Chrysler to listen and give me my money back
I've sent letters of demand, and the ACCC can't help me due to the fact that I'm covered by the old legislation.

I just wish mine worked like most peoples
Old 05-06-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Sorry to hear mate..but

Im lost, do you want your money back or do you want yours to work like most peoples??

I cant see why this couldnt be repaired and returned to you in less than a few weeks...

Are we missing deatails here... what caused the first engine failure..and what caused the second engine failure?

Love to know all the deatails before I jump on anyones bandwagon!

Matt.
Old 05-06-2012
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

If it makes you feel any better I know of one other JK CRD which has seized and needed to be replaced. Everyone else I know with one with and those I've met absolutely love them.

Last edited by Yom; 05-06-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
If it makes you feel any better I know of one other JK CRD which has seized and needed to be replaced. Everyone else I know with one with and those I've met absolutely love them.
What yom said!
This bloke has been bitching about his jeep all over facebook and after me mentioning i had never heard of issues like this before with a crd on ausjeep, his first post here is to try get what exactly? some likes on your page, so chrysler will magically listen?
Sadly chrysler won't listen mate you will need to fight hard to get 5 cents out of those pricks!
Best you try get details about the other seizure yom, refered to?

Last edited by jeep112; 05-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not sure what to say...or what your actually want others to say!!!!

Me...I have a 3.8ltr Rubi. Rings went at 92000. Jeep have stepped up and are replacing the engine.
(currently in the Dealers shop awaiting the engine)
Downside is the wait for a short engine to come from the states - about 3-4 weeks. Ok so I am without a car for this period but the Dealer has stepped up to the plate and has a courtesy car for me.

I cant fault Jeep or Chrysler or the dealer -
The turn arounds could be quicker .... but hey cant have everything.

Sorry that your car has had an issue but my dealings so far with a similar issue are not the same.
Old 05-06-2012
StaunStar

Liked 57 Times in 37 Posts

Is this a 2008?
Who did the bottom end?
Was the turbo repair covered by warranty?
Old 05-06-2012
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the long waits you have experienced are pretty normal for chrysler. it's just the way they operate, mate.
Post New Thread  Reply