What are your next mods / What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 447 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-04-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rear Licence Plate Holder with no rear bumper

Hi everyone;

I removed the rear bumper and made up a licenplate holder incl. the fog light for my TJ.

Have a great weekend

Last edited by 4wd; 20-04-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 21-04-2012
I like stuff and things.

Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

Got Published.

Issue 54 of 'Modified 4WDs'

Old 21-04-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

started welding up my axle truss going to take a while
Old 21-04-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Last weekend:

- Changed diff oil front and rear. While changing the oil for at the back, decided to bling it a bit. Put ARB diff cover that I had lying around. I have obviously painted it black. Rather than use RTV or such, I used Lube Locker metal reusable gaskets. Nice and tidy job, made even easier:

I am sure lockers will make their way soon(ish).

- Changed transfer case and power steering fluids.

This weekend so far, I changed transmission fluid. I thought about dropping the belly plate (or the shovel) but then thought about testing it to see if I could change the fluid without dropping it. Its not a lot of space, but yes it can be done without dropping the skid.

You just have to have very nimble and multi-jointed hands to get to the filter:

I also plumbed new lines to add an external filter to make my life easier (it won't require as frequent internal filter replacement now).

This is what the lines look at the bottom of the radiator:

Older line left unchanged is the return line back to the transmission. Current plumbing:

Transmission --> External Filter and Temp pick-up --> External Cooler in front of the radiator --> Factory under radiator cooler --> Back to transmission

Here is the cooler in front:

Now to get the cooler in there, the easiest way is to remove the passenger headlight (complete assembly) and the slip it from the hole in between the grill and a/c condenser.

My engine and transmission oil temp gauges are already installed:

Took it for a test drive, nothing leaks and the gauge works great.
Old 21-04-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

yep, I made it to issue 180 of 4WD Action didn't make the cover though, that honour went to a well deserved Defender.

Good to see our old TJ's and the Defender getting featured among all the Japanese station wagons.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4wd action 1.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	53948   Click image for larger version

Name:	4wd action 4.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	53949  
Old 22-04-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

truss done 5 hours 8 rods and 4 grinding discs, doing one inch weld at a time is really slow

Last edited by brenttj; 22-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 22-04-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i suppose this is a jeep mod...

got a 21L waeco wanna put it in the car full time as it's my daily, so working on my dual battery's & just a padlock and chain mount so the fridge dont go missin on me...
Post New Thread  Reply