What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 108 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 147 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Yeah...it was after I sent the post that I 'zoomed in' and saw that you have an Overland with air bag suspension...still...its looks nice !!!...mine doesnt have that suspension...your wallet must be 'healthier' than mine...lol...the rock rails and front bar look schmick too mate...I need more 'wildlife' protection for out here...in fact it probs needs a welded steel cage around it !!!!....still wouldnt help it with the size of some these 'roos...but...thats the drawback of living remote...and no mechanics !!!
Yeah, the drawback to having the air suspension is, NO ONE does a lift for it, RRO have a spacer kit that fits, but I am unsure on how to reprogram the ride hights for OR1 and OR2, I can set the standard ride hight to whatever I want no issues (drives like shit when you do this though), so putting in a 2" lift will be fine for on road, as the jeep won't know its lifted, however, when you go into rock mode (OR2), it will try lo lift 2" higher than it is (which will be 4.5" taller than standard and I imagine it would cause chaos on the way),
Old 02-08-2021
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_renegade01 View Post
Yeah, the drawback to having the air suspension is, NO ONE does a lift for it, RRO have a spacer kit that fits, but I am unsure on how to reprogram the ride hights for OR1 and OR2, I can set the standard ride hight to whatever I want no issues (drives like shit when you do this though), so putting in a 2" lift will be fine for on road, as the jeep won't know its lifted, however, when you go into rock mode (OR2), it will try lo lift 2" higher than it is (which will be 4.5" taller than standard and I imagine it would cause chaos on the way),
I noticed chief products have a system called Tru-lift in the under development section of their website. They claim it will work on quadralift models as well.
But, like i said it’s still under development and currently “on hold” as well……
Old 02-08-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,885 Times in 2,299 Posts

Gave the Jeeperific plastic bits and tyres a zap with the Woolworths Tyre Shine stuff @$5.50 a can, after years of trying to find something that doesn't crap out when wet or attract dirt like flies to U know what, this stuff is great... Use it on my van, covered in red dust, hit with hose weeks later the red dust washes off the vinyl and rubber bits, rest of van needs a good scrub......Been using it for about a year now, it works........ No pics as I'm lazy.....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 02-08-2021
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Gave the Jeeperific plastic bits and tyres a zap with the Woolworths Tyre Shine stuff @$5.50 a can, after years of trying to find something that doesn't crap out when wet or attract dirt like flies to U know what, this stuff is great... Use it on my van, covered in red dust, hit with hose weeks later the red dust washes off the vinyl and rubber bits, rest of van needs a good scrub......Been using it for about a year now, it works........ No pics as I'm lazy.....
Will have to go to the local Woolies and check that stuff out, my arches and tyres always look like crap after dust sticks to the normal tyre shine like shit on a blanket.
I've tried the cheap and nasty Aussie export stuff and some of the other more fancier looking time that are slightly better
Old 03-08-2021
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy99 View Post
I noticed chief products have a system called Tru-lift in the under development section of their website. They claim it will work on quadralift models as well.
Don't hold your breath waiting for Chief products
they have been working on flares for a few years now

https://www.chiefproducts.com.au/pro...-fender-flares
Old 03-08-2021
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Good tip Drover, might try that too. Most other stuff I've tried washes off in the first shower. Meguiars Endurance Tire (think they mean tyre) Gel is about the only other thing that lasts well, not sticky if used very lightly.
Old 04-08-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy99 View Post
chief have been saying for 3-4 years there is a rear bar coming . Chief are full of hot air. Chief's quality of products and after sales support has gone down the shitter ever since they stopped making their stuff in OZ .

My recovery hooks with their "premium" powder coating are chipped and rusting away . I've already had issues dealing with bill about my roof rails and cbf trying to get these repaired/replaced under warranty . I've seen two mates buy rock rails and either have two of one side sent or rusting after months of use with no heavy knocks .

Never buy a piece of Chief pos again .
Post New Thread  Reply