What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? - Page 96 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-09-2015
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Coming along nicely, once you cut the clearance hole in the bonnet you'd be hard pressed to know it wasn't factory.
Old 23-09-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

can anyone tell me if the piston pins are same on the HO engine as the standard one ? or could I drill a oil hole for the rod on a standard and bronze the end ?
I don't have the specs on size here or do I have to wait to measure them to find out ?
Old 24-09-2015
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
Coming along nicely, once you cut the clearance hole in the bonnet you'd be hard pressed to know it wasn't factory.
lol. Hood scoop for that extra charge?

Please don't take offence, only kidding mate.
Old 24-09-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

head bolts ordered and on the way from Galloway engines.
bought another FLEE BAY THING :
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150875956...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

thought was cheap enough ?
Old 24-09-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Thumbs down

Noticed a new vibration the other day

I bunged the Grand Chero on the hoist...Took a while to find it.

I noticed the front DS would wobble at the double cardin end near the TC when I span it

Pulled the double cardin apart.

Bent spiggot thingy section. It's ********ed. Damn IRO It's not a quick easy $20 part fix. It's the welded end yoke ******** it.

Probably would have bent any brand that day Dunno.

Ahh well. I've wanted to lengthen it by 45mm since the long arm kit install anywho.

Plus, thanks Aussie Post for losing my axle bearing and seal kit. Lucky we both have a tracking number. I think they might be buying me another set

Last edited by Hoobz; 24-09-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Better last pic additions and details.
Old 24-09-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 166 Times in 99 Posts

Bugger!
Was that courtesy of our little play on the weekend?
Old 24-09-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy01 View Post
Bugger!
Was that courtesy of our little play on the weekend?
Yes, it must have been Ruffy It never had that vibration before that.

Hey, on another note, you wanna by my WG? Only 125,000 k's. Babied for every moment.

Waddya say