2007 Cherokee KJ - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-04-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2007 Cherokee KJ

EOI at this point, admins please delete if not allowed, I can’t post in the for sale section for some reason.

I have a 2007 Cherokee KJ that I’m thinking of selling. 235,xxx km, in good condition. It was owned by my in laws since new and has never seen off-road of any kind. I got it about a year ago.

Since then I changed the oil and filter twice, spark plugs and coils, air filter, oil pressure sensor, crank sensor, main belt and tensioner pulleys, tyres, all control arms and bushes, installed a Bluetooth head unit, changed the clock spring, aircon regassed and probably a few more things I can’t remember.

You can watch the video of the last oil change here: https://youtu.be/QweZRcom-uw

The leather is showing a bit of wear and there is a smallish dent on the fender. Rego until 12/2021.

Wondering if 6k is too much to ask for it? Open to offers

Thanks for looking

Last edited by Balkanac; 22-04-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 22-04-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

If it’s as straight as it looks without anything major wrong, I’d personally be advertising a little higher around $8,500. You can always come down.
Old 23-04-2021
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishframe View Post
If it’s as straight as it looks without anything major wrong, I’d personally be advertising a little higher around $8,500. You can always come down.

Thank you, i might do that and see what happens
Old 25-04-2021
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Try Carsales and Gumtree, and you can get a valuation from both I think. Buyers usually look at Redbook suggested values. However, in the Pandemic world used vehicle prices have shot up in the last year, as people rush to buy used cars to avoid taking public transit.
It looks like a clean vehicle, which helps. You might try stressing that it has an engine that is built to last much longer than the current kilometres. The downside is that being completely original, it has been swallowing EGR soot for its entire life, so internal damage is inevitable, as it would be for any diesel of that age. It is also likely that the intercooler had oil in it, reducing its efficiency.
I did a few inspections, for AJOR members, of KJ CRDs for sale, on the central coast of NSW. Many high kilometre ones had the same issues, and sadly folks often had chosen to forget the timing belt maintenance, as it can be costly if done by a dealer, and you take on a big risk if you buy one that has not had that belt changed.
Still it could be a good project car, for a mechanically incline person. But check the service history for that timing belt change. That should be advertised in your ad if it has been done, it makes it more valuable, and less likely to grenade.

Thank you for your advice, mine is a 3.7L V6, not a diesel
Old 25-04-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

I haven't seen one of those for quite some years. Yours is a terrific looking KJ......show room presentation. Good luck with the sale.
Old 25-04-2021
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Ok, sorry for assuming it was a CRD. It should be fine.
Old 08-05-2021
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The car is officially for sale, please see the 4 sale section.

Thank you all for your input. I will miss the little beast
Post New Thread  Reply