Why Jeep? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-11-2006
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Why Jeep?

I've been doing a bit of searching around the Internet and can't find hardly a forum relating to other makes of 4wd's.

I am wondering why Jeep has such a huge enthusiast following (USA ok - its made there, but Australia?).

This following/fan base is despite the fact all Jeeps seem to have their inherent flaws.....my KJ has had 3 or 4 warranted items fixed in 12 months which annoys me, and I know there are potentially a couple of others that could rear their ugly head at some point. (2005 model CRD).

My biggest fear is that these flaws are going to get me stuck in the middle of nowhere one day, offroad, without the ability for a tow truck to get in....but still I love my Jeep.

Its a Jeep thing I guess! Why is it so for you?

Last edited by Wilmo; 23-11-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 23-11-2006
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Um not looking hard enough?

Theres ones like www.outerlimits4x4.com, www.overlander.com.au which are set up for other makes.
Old 23-11-2006
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

But they're not specifically for one brand.....not like ausjeepoffroad, or L.O.S.T in USA for KJ's.
Old 23-11-2006
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

duno maybe cos AusJeep was setup by a jeep owner and only wanted it for a jeep. maybe because its the American influence, or maybe cos no one wants to create and host a forum for individual vehical like Nissan, Toyota, Mitsu, and so on. cheaper to host them all in the one forum than heaps of individual ones.
Old 23-11-2006
AJOR Bronze

Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

It may have something to do with Jeep's history. Something a lot of other makes lack.
Old 23-11-2006
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsjeep
It may have something to do with Jeep's history. Something a lot of other makes lack.
the real history of Jeep belongs to the wrangler line up...ie descendents of the old Wiley's Jeep though right? The new models are as different as anything else produced by other manufacturers....
Old 23-11-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Because jeeps are very moreish yes the have many faults but there is plenty of fun fixing them and because of the info readily avalible from us sites the rice burners simply don't have the following in the states and most of us can't read japanese