KJ vs TJ - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocko View Post
Can you explain a bit clearer sorry lol? I know the kj is a lot smoother on road.

Just to throw a different angle on it, where does the image/perception come into it for the younger crew?
I'm a younger bloke aswell mate 19, The TJ still rides bad but you do get used to it. If you do want a lift make sure it's get a good quality one, OME are quiet good for retaining as much road manners as possible.
The ride of a TJ doesn't seem to bother me at all really, after all i am currently making modifications to get from WA over to VIC HIGH.

What i beleive tasjeeper is saying is that TJ wranlgers as previously stated are not very comfortable nor do they handle very well ONROAD, my TJ at 100KM/h feels fast enough for me, i never push it further than 100km/h for that reason.
However if you will eventually venture into some harder 4X4 tracks the wranlger would be a great deicsion as they are very very capable vehicles even straight off the factory floor.

IF your not after lifting the TJ you are looking at getting , then you could have the same amount of capability from KJ with minor modifications and ALSO have excellent on road manners, travel fine at speeds and if you where to be doing alot of touring then you would also have a space gain aswell
Old 21-03-2012
Team CPC

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We have both TJ & KJ and they each excel in there on way. KJ is great for long trips and is a very capable off roader handling steep hills well. TJ is a lot of fun and is great off road in tight rutty areas. It is also great on the beach with the roof down. I disagree that they drive like pigs but the TJ has poor fuel economy.

www.goldcoastjeepers.com
Old 21-03-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEQUER-PLATE CHICK View Post
We have both TJ & KJ and they each excel in there on way. KJ is great for long trips and is a very capable off roader handling steep hills well. TJ is a lot of fun and is great off road in tight rutty areas. It is also great on the beach with the roof down. I disagree that they drive like pigs but the TJ has poor fuel economy.
sort off Offtopic question but i'd LOVE to know what sort of economy you get?
like highway offroad and round town?
cheers
Old 21-03-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

You talked about image a couple of posts back - A TJ looks like a Jeep. If you took the badges off a KJ not many people would even know what it is - including me.

In a TJ, everyone from the little kid next door to your grandmother, knows it's a Jeep.

On a nice day, behind the wheel of an American 4WD convertible, the world seems like a really nice place - I often just go for a drive with the top down for fun.

I'm not sure what the KJ's are for - I've been on dozens of trips with AJOR - over 12 trips last year alone - and I've never seen a KJ on a trip. Where are they? Probably getting the groceries.

If you want/need a Jeep, get a TJ
If you want/need a station wagon, get a KJ.
Old 21-03-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocko View Post
Can you explain a bit clearer sorry lol? I know the kj is a lot smoother on road.

Just to throw a different angle on it, where does the image/perception come into it for the younger crew? I'm a 25 year old male. Missus loves the look of the tj as long as its black lol
mate im only 22

must be that old saying with age comes wisdom.

what im simply trying to say is dont buy the tj because if its black its looks

figure out where your going to drive it.

how long of periods your going to drive it.

how difficult 4x4 tracks you will be tackleing.

planning on having kids any time soon.

have u driven a boat before (this relates well to a tj at 100km+).

i own a tj and i love it to bits!
would i ever let my girlfriend drive it? (NOT IF HELL FROZE OVER)
she wouldnt be able to keep it on the bitchumen for 5 minutes body roll is bad the back axle has movement causing the axle to sit on an angle causing the car to crab then the axle snaps round the other way and i have to correct it (very quickly) i drive my jeep 10-2 (with the steeringwheel at 10 and then when the axle shifts un expectantly back round to 2 )

fair go the bushes in my crtl arms a fkt but it wasnt much better b4

like i said i love my jeep but i bought it to wheel it and as a result its a full time job keeping it on the road.

(even when it had BRAND NEW bushes and ball joints, new steering arms and tie rod ends, new shocks and steering damper it was much better than it is now but not a scratch on how a kj drives (if your girlfriend is going to drive your 4by at any time deffinatly get the kj!

the kj on the other hand drives as well on the road as a comodore and with a small 2" lift and 2" larger tyres (muddies) it would surprise u how well it will go offroad and all said and done unless u plan on going serious off roading 1meter deep mud+ high articulation rocks or heavily rutted hill climbs get the kj as it will be the best of both worlds
Old 21-03-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm not sure what the KJ's are for - I've been on dozens of trips with AJOR - over 12 trips last year alone - and I've never seen a KJ on a trip. Where are they? Probably getting the groceries.

Your obviously not on any trips we go on ?

I have both cars your are looking at , love them both. Only reason i got a KJ CRD is we have a family now. the TJ fits shit all inside but goes anywhere you feel like, and really, so does the KJ. And dam it tows well. I dunno about you but petrol was $1.58 up here on the gold coast today and i know what car i drive more often. KJ.

PS. i do get the groceries in the TJ as well!!

Is it beer o"clock yet!!!!

2005 TJ
2003 KJ CRD
Little 03 Honda Jazz
Old 22-03-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It's a shame the KJ owners in Western Australia don't share your enthusiasm for the KJ's off road ability - as is evident from their absence on our trips over here.
They could learn much from their Gold Coast brothers.