Clayton's Long Arm Install finally happening late this week - Murchison Products - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-05-2011
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Thumbs up Clayton's Long Arm Install finally happening late this week - Murchison Products

We'll be starting the install later this week on a WG LTD, Gold Coast based customer's vehicle.

I'll provide pics and a small account of how it all goes together over the coming weekend.

Looking forward to getting this thing on!

This vehicle will be mod plated and certified by QLD Transport as well.

Best to subscribe to this thread for the updats and info.

Cheers
Stu
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 28-05-2011
Team CPC

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking forward to pics.

www.goldcoastjeepers.com
Old 28-05-2011
Jeep Test Driver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought long arms were an issue in QLD? Is it all good now? I'm sure it will turn out looking very stylish going off all the other rigs in the Murchison Stable
Old 30-05-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Stu, Will be interested to see how the mod plate goes as I would like to get mine plated aswell. On an other note do you have snorkels that fit WJ's?? Mine has the HO airbox..

Cheers Mark.
Old 30-05-2011
Just Build it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I thought long arms were an issue in QLD? Is it all good now? I'm sure it will turn out looking very stylish going off all the other rigs in the Murchison Stable
They're only an issue if you dont engineer them and pay the corresponding fee's associated with it.
Unapproved Long Arm Kits in QLD = Illegal

Murchison Installed and Certified Kits for QLD Registered Vehicles = Legal.

As for LIFT HEIGHT that is something else all together that needs to be certified. I've got a hold of a stock WG to get the factory measurments from to perform the lift height allowance measurements - its a complicated 2/3rds rule regarding bump and rebound between bump stops.

We have gone down the right path with the appropriate people and paid the right moneies to become certifiers of the long arm kits as such, its been a slog but we got there. I believe its the way of the future for Solid Axle Jeeps.
The stock pathetic factory arms just cant cope with the extreme angle and get severe bind up when twisted beyond they're factory spec capabilities.

I've got an XJ front end Clayton's Long Arm Kit coming to me, as well as another WG kit and a couple of TJ kits. I really like the strength and simple yet super effective designs of the Clayton's gear. With the TJ's and XJ's they've got a new ultra twisty 3 link setup! Cant wait till that gets here as one of those kits is going on the Brute
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 30-05-2011
Just Build it

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfseller06 View Post
Hi Stu, Will be interested to see how the mod plate goes as I would like to get mine plated aswell. On an other note do you have snorkels that fit WJ's?? Mine has the HO airbox..

Cheers Mark.
Gday Mark,

I'm not sure I'll be able to get yours plated as we didnt fit it but I can take it to my engineer for an overview. I'll need the complete parts list from the manufacturer and installation instructions.

As for snorkels, yes I stock WG ones. HO is no different at the intake where the snorkel penetrates the air box. Do you want me to fit it as well? Happy either way.

Cheers
Stu
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 30-05-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
Gday Mark,

I'm not sure I'll be able to get yours plated as we didnt fit it but I can take it to my engineer for an overview. I'll need the complete parts list from the manufacturer and installation instructions.

As for snorkels, yes I stock WG ones. HO is no different at the intake where the snorkel penetrates the air box. Do you want me to fit it as well? Happy either way.

Cheers
Stu
Hi Stu will probably get you to fit, looks like I will be heading up to the Cape in the 1st week in Aug. ( can't miss out on Mopar Sunday) So I'll give you a call in a few weeks to book it in. Can you let me no how much, you can pm me if you want or post here.
Waiting on some bush's to arrive that need replacing in my rear 3 link before an engineer would want to look over it. ( not as good as your claytons 4 link setup.) I'm getting good at it now as this will be the 3rd set in less than 12 months.
Thanks Mark