New Murchison Products Workshop for 2013 - Brendale - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2012
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Arrow New Murchison Products Workshop for 2013 - Brendale

New Workshop & Focus for 2013

Well as some of you may or may not know, we've finally decided to make the big move into a large commercial workshop premises for 2013.
I've been working from our home based workshop here in Samford for the past few years but it's reached the point that we can simply not cater for the growing needs of the business from here. At our peak I counted 13 Jeeps here which was getting a little out of control!!

Freight / Dispatch has always been a huge issue for us as we are considered fringe rural where we are, so things like airbags take 3-4 days, couriers pls wont deliver to us and most of the major freight lines like TNT, Direct Freight, Fedex ect wouldnt pick up from us. So moving the business to Brendale will be a huge relief for us and you the customer as we'll be much easier to reach and not too far off the Gateway Arterial Road. All of the major freight companies are also now on board so we're sorted there as well.

We're going all out with the workshop fitout as I want to do it once, and do it right from the outset, much the same as my belief's when it comes to modifying your Jeep. I want to provide a BMW level of service and apearance to you, the Jeep Community as it has never been seen before here in QLD. The workshop is being colour co ordinated too to represent our core brand of choice too, American Expedition Vehicles - and the fact that Im fond of black and yellow might have something to do with it!

The hoists have been custom powder coated in black and yellow (2 x 2 post and 1 x 4 post wheel alignment), all of the pallet racking, shelving and workbenches are going to be black and yellow as are the tool boxes and even the mighty forklift We're also going to have the whole 600m2 workshop floor concrete ground and polyurethaned. Skylights' the legth of the buildings we're put in this week, the middle wall has been cut out to join the 2 buildings together and the painting starts next week. We'll be building / painting and installing new equipment over the December / January period with an aim to be fully up and running in the new building by 1st Feb.

I'm sinking everything I have into this outfit in an effort to become the best "Jeep Only" business I can be. I'm not too worried about what the other business's out there are doing, as at the end of the day we all run our own race, but I want to assure you the customer's that Murchison Products now has a much stronger focus to become the brand of choice when it comes to all things Jeep......especially in QLD.

Changes for us in 2013

Here are a few quick points for our 2013 upgrades planned.

- We are putting on another vehicle fitter in Febuary
- Complete redesign of website with online purchasing and on line booking for workshop jobs
- Loyalty Program being launched online
- Murchison Products Customer Run Days to increase
- Light vehicle servicing
- BFG Tyre Stock levels to increase
- GoodYear Kevlar MTR stock in 33", 35" to increase
- Off Road Evolution Stock to increase
- Poison Spyder stock to increase
- Hutchison Beadlock Wheels to be held in stock
- Mopar Skid Plate and Rock Rails stock to increase
- LED lighting range to increase working with LED's Unlimited

We will do an official opening some time towards April/May once we've settled in but rest sssured it will be announced and promoted in advance.

Here's a few sneak peeks of the new buildings. I'll update the progress shot's over the Dec/Jan period via this thread.

This shot shows our 2 buildings, from edge of photo to edge of photo

Left Hand Side of the new building, showing the office. We've already had a full 20ft AEV container unpacked there!

Middle wall being cut out to join the 2 buildings together.

One more thing......

I would like to put on one more person this year sometime. If you're a die hard Jeep fan like us and would like to earn a living playing with Jeeps (and cool toys!) give us a call or send me an email to stuart@murchisonproducts.com.au as we'd like to hear from you !
For this position the applicant must have a decent level of experience in fitting, welding, electrical work and body work. A forklift licence is also going to come in handy. ***new address to be announced once we're in****

All the best and we look forward to providing you with the next level of service in 2013,
Stu Murchison
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD

Last edited by CRDSTU; 01-12-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some money spent by the sounds of it!
Old 01-12-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have a couple of customers on Kremzow Road that I need to visit regularly, so I know who I will be dropping into while down there

Nice work Stu, can't wait to see the progress pics!

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 01-12-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good luck hope all works out for you
Old 01-12-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ

congratulations
sounds like you know what you are doing just keep a close eye on the over heads
Old 01-12-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats Stu & good luck with the new venture...Looks great so far and no doubt the business will grow with the great products and service you provide already.
Old 01-12-2012
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Congratulations Stu, from a small start big things grow. Looking forward to the day when your bigger than ARB! Want to open a shop in Sydney?
Post New Thread  Reply