You know you are a Jeepaholic when... - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-10-2009
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default You know you are a Jeepaholic when...

(I stole this thread from another Jeep forum, hope they won't mind)
You know you are a Jeepaholic when - u get up in the morning and skip
eating all day to finish ur next mod

Or- you pawn your wedding ring to buy more jeep parts
Old 14-10-2009
westside wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

i have posted this before.. but here it is..

...seeing a Jeep in a car lot gives you that same feeling as seeing homeless dogs at an animal shelter. You think to yourself, "If I had the money I would take you home and we could be best friends".

...you've often wondered if your vehicle could climb that fence faster than you could. So then you tried. And you found out fences fall over. But now you've got a great story.

...the words dirty and topless turn you on. Just not sexually.

...when you bought your vehicle you thought to yourself how great it would look as you stripped it. Instead of thinking how great it would look as you added stuff to it. Then you added stuff to it. Not for looks though, instead for function.

...seeing dogs hang their heads out the car window makes you think to yourself, "I know the feeling".

...when you see someone at a stoplight put their sunroof down you get out and take your entire roof off just so they'll be jealous.

...seeing Jeeps nicer than yours doesn't cause envy or jealousy, but instead causes you to root them on.

...you feel a little hurt inside when other Jeepers don't wave back. But you instantly forgive them knowing they must not have seen you. Oh well, you'll get the next one.

...getting stuck isn't an inconvenience. Its an adventure you can't wait to tell others about.

...you felt like an idiot when you bought your first one from a dealership as you asked which ones are four wheel drive.

...you've ever stood up in your vehicle as you were driving it just because you could.

...you keep full pvc waterproof rain suits in your vehicle.

...the first ever strapless bikini you bought wasn't a swim suit. However, it did have a lot to do with the beach.

...seeing convertible sports cars with powered tops makes you think to yourself these two things... 1. "pansy!" and 2. "I've got roll bars, beeyotch"

...you ripped out the carpet on your floorboard cuz it started to stink after that first good rain.

...there's no point in washing your vehicle. You just do it cuz you can leave the windows down while you rinse it.

...you've apologized to a first time passenger because of how dirty your interior was. Then rescinded that apology as you thought to yourself that they should be thanking you for the experience.

...you've almost slapped a girl for complaining about her hair getting messed up on that first (and only) date.

...when you're in other cars you roll the windows down even when its raining or freezing cold cuz you feel like your cheating on your vehicle.

...you keep heavy duty trash bags in your glove box for emergency seat cover up.

...you've forgotten what its like to have heat or air conditioning.

Well, that's about all I could think of. If you guys like this then please pass it on.

Dirty and Topless,
-Gunner

Ok here's the best additions I could find. Keep adding but only good ones. NO arguements this time.

...when you take on dents and your proud of what you've done..and brag about it.

... you look at a hill or a rock ledge and say, "Yeah, I can make it."

... gas mileage? whats that!?

... You could have money...but as soon as you get enough, you buy something else for your Jeep

... XJ, YJ, CJ, TJ, WJ, ZJ, they all mean something to you.

... lowriders really are moving speed bumps.

~if u see a pot hole in the road instead of avoiding it u head right in it to get that off road bumpy feeling!

~When you driving and u pass a trail you want to turn right around and explore! even if it says no trespassing

- You own a set of Torx wrenches and use them on a regular basis.

- You look at a lifted rig with spinners and feel pitty for gear that will never be off of the asphalt.

- Your idea of Sunday cleaning includes tightening bolts and scraping mud.

- You spill something in your friend's car and it doesn't occur to you to apologize because it should just drain out the plug holes.

- Your mom's ten year old Toyota sounds insanely quiet inside.

- Riding in a regular car makes you feel tiny and insignificant on the road.

- You can pack for a week in a backpack because that's all the luggage space you have.

- Your idea of a "road trip" includes a minimal amount of pavement.

- You have a supply of hair bands around the shifter.

- Quadratec is always on your Recently Viewed Pages list.

- You have two sets of friends. Those who knew you before you got the Jeep, and every other Jeep owner.

-you've had to chase raccoons out of your Jeep in the morning.
- you've had raccons scare the hell out of you in your Jeep at night.

- you had to learn the hard way not to store any sort of food product in your glove compartment or center console- drives raccoons crazy.

- raccoons have become a major part of your life.

---You have ever kept your vehicle from rolling over on a trail by hanging onto the rear bumper.

-If you have to get a step ladder for anyone under 5'8 just so they can get in.

~you compare tire sizes instead of the rim size

~other people cant tell what color ur jeep is b/c of all the mud

~when u stuck bumper to bumper u just want to go over the curve and pass but that damn cop is in the way!

-Keep a spare set of shades in the Jeep, not so much for the sun but to keep the rain/mud out of your eyse!

-People hear you coming down the road...... from your tires!!

-when girls you know talk about getting a lift and you immediatly ask what size tires they are trying to fit.

- you take more pics of your vehicle than you do pretty girls, parties, etc..

-You have to chip the concrete like mud on the bottom of your jeep with a putty knife

-You are proud of scratches and dents on your ride as each one has it's own unique history and story.

-You see another Jeeper in a parking lot of a store you're not going to and stop in to talk anyway.

-Hard, soft and topless hold completely different meaning to you then most people.

-Many times when you are coming up towards a construction site you drive in to see if they'll let you play in their yard. (thank you WALSH construction! You guys rock! lol)

-you focus more on whats on the side of the road than the road itself ...

-you love it when its sunny and warm, and when its rainy and wet ...

-you take a first timer for a ride, and it changes their life...

-you have to clean your ears a lot more often than other people ...

-as in childhood; sand, mud, water, streams, rocks, and hills are once again your playground ...

**You've learned how to vault into and out of the driver seat to avoid getting dirty rather than wash the Jeep.

-when you get offended when someone calls your jeep a "car"

-when you can kick any given place on one of your bumpers at any time, and atleast one cake of mud fall off.

-when you havent seen the real color of your vehicle since it last rained.

~The female jeepers dont get arrested for going topless

~you dont have to open ur doors to get out!

~the people in the backseat just use ur back tires to get into and out of ur jeep

~u dont mind stepping into a puddle of water to get into ur jeep

-Infact, you tend to look for the biggest puddle to park next to or in. (or at least I do.. lol)

-When the campus police office calls you to tell you that before you think about it, no, you can't go into the new construction zone on campus.

-When you keep shop rags in you glove box to give to your friends(or mother) because they don't want to get their hands dirty getting in and out of your Jeep.

-when you get goofy looks from people when talking about your bikini top.

-after it snows, you look for the biggest snow pile to park on... Even if it's at the end of the lot with plenty of open spots in the front

... you clean your interior with a hose, not a vacuum

-When you warn first time passengers that if they have motion sickness, they need to find another ride, because you drive a standard Jeep and its always a little rough.

-When you, yourself, have suffered from some minor motion sickness.

-When you see another dirty Jeep in a parking lot, you want to find the driver and ask where they've been.

**When you are damn proud of being a Jeep Girl and the title gives you a newfound sense of independance and power!

- When parallel parking involves popping one tire up onto the sidewalk.

- When you have to disassemble everything that isn't welded on just to get lunch.

- When you know the height clearance of every parking structure in town.

- When you're able to return the raccoons to their natural woodland playland, and then spend some time tearing up their back yard.

- When you show up for dinner with friends and no one even bothers to mention the mud on your clothes.

- When you know, with absolute certainty, exactly how much pressure is in your tires at any given moment.

~when ur driving u tell someone at any given time how many jeeps are around you!

~when you have to put extra conditioner in ur hair to get all the knots out

-When the girl complains about the mess her hair is in...you kick her out and drive off with a grin.----in the middle of the mountains-----with the racoons closing in-----

-When you see another jeep at the dunes that isn't lifted and stuck, you instantly pull out a list of parts, lifts, styles, and shops to do it if the owner is disinclined as you pull them out with grace akin to a strawberry picker.

-Potholes are no longer an nuisance. They are preparation....

-Rubbing moulding with those 'slightly' bigger tires is an easier way to open up the wheel well.

-After cleaning out the inside of the jeep and turbo-lining it, you fall asleep in the back thinking how much more comfortable the rubber is than the carpet anyways.

-when, in the summer, you always know what the weather is gunna be like a week in advance.

...your idea of a drive-thru car wash is hitting every rain puddle on the side of the road, only after getting your jeep good and muddy though.

...if you've ever had to clutch/brake with your right foot because thee breeze feels good on the left let hanging out the door.

-You can predict the weather better than any meteorologist

-You've stood up while driving, just because you can and he can't.

-You leave your doors unlocked at all times so that a burglar won't cut through the roof

-You pay more attention to the vehicles coming at you than the ones on your side of the road.

-Every time you're cut off by a sports car, the though crosses your mind to just park on top of it
Old 14-10-2009
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! thanks Ian, I looked to see if it had been done but didn't find it I guess. Well consider it a bump, sorry man
Old 14-10-2009
westside wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

ya some funny ones in there.... this was posted on here a long time ago good for a laugh..
Old 14-10-2009
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian View Post
i have posted this before.. but here it is..

...seeing a Jeep in a car lot gives you that same feeling as seeing homeless dogs at an animal shelter. You think to yourself, "If I had the money I would take you home and we could be best friends".

...you've often wondered if your vehicle could climb that fence faster than you could. So then you tried. And you found out fences fall over. But now you've got a great story.

...the words dirty and topless turn you on. Just not sexually.

...when you bought your vehicle you thought to yourself how great it would look as you stripped it. Instead of thinking how great it would look as you added stuff to it. Then you added stuff to it. Not for looks though, instead for function.

...seeing dogs hang their heads out the car window makes you think to yourself, "I know the feeling".

...when you see someone at a stoplight put their sunroof down you get out and take your entire roof off just so they'll be jealous.

...seeing Jeeps nicer than yours doesn't cause envy or jealousy, but instead causes you to root them on.

...you feel a little hurt inside when other Jeepers don't wave back. But you instantly forgive them knowing they must not have seen you. Oh well, you'll get the next one.

...getting stuck isn't an inconvenience. Its an adventure you can't wait to tell others about.

...you felt like an idiot when you bought your first one from a dealership as you asked which ones are four wheel drive.

...you've ever stood up in your vehicle as you were driving it just because you could.

...you keep full pvc waterproof rain suits in your vehicle.

...the first ever strapless bikini you bought wasn't a swim suit. However, it did have a lot to do with the beach.

...seeing convertible sports cars with powered tops makes you think to yourself these two things... 1. "pansy!" and 2. "I've got roll bars, beeyotch"

...you ripped out the carpet on your floorboard cuz it started to stink after that first good rain.

...there's no point in washing your vehicle. You just do it cuz you can leave the windows down while you rinse it.

...you've apologized to a first time passenger because of how dirty your interior was. Then rescinded that apology as you thought to yourself that they should be thanking you for the experience.

...you've almost slapped a girl for complaining about her hair getting messed up on that first (and only) date.

...when you're in other cars you roll the windows down even when its raining or freezing cold cuz you feel like your cheating on your vehicle.

...you keep heavy duty trash bags in your glove box for emergency seat cover up.

...you've forgotten what its like to have heat or air conditioning.

Well, that's about all I could think of. If you guys like this then please pass it on.

Dirty and Topless,
-Gunner

Ok here's the best additions I could find. Keep adding but only good ones. NO arguements this time.

...when you take on dents and your proud of what you've done..and brag about it.

... you look at a hill or a rock ledge and say, "Yeah, I can make it."

... gas mileage? whats that!?

... You could have money...but as soon as you get enough, you buy something else for your Jeep

... XJ, YJ, CJ, TJ, WJ, ZJ, they all mean something to you.

... lowriders really are moving speed bumps.

~if u see a pot hole in the road instead of avoiding it u head right in it to get that off road bumpy feeling!

~When you driving and u pass a trail you want to turn right around and explore! even if it says no trespassing

- You own a set of Torx wrenches and use them on a regular basis.

- You look at a lifted rig with spinners and feel pitty for gear that will never be off of the asphalt.

- Your idea of Sunday cleaning includes tightening bolts and scraping mud.

- You spill something in your friend's car and it doesn't occur to you to apologize because it should just drain out the plug holes.

- Your mom's ten year old Toyota sounds insanely quiet inside.

- Riding in a regular car makes you feel tiny and insignificant on the road.

- You can pack for a week in a backpack because that's all the luggage space you have.

- Your idea of a "road trip" includes a minimal amount of pavement.

- You have a supply of hair bands around the shifter.

- Quadratec is always on your Recently Viewed Pages list.

- You have two sets of friends. Those who knew you before you got the Jeep, and every other Jeep owner.

-you've had to chase raccoons out of your Jeep in the morning.
- you've had raccons scare the hell out of you in your Jeep at night.

- you had to learn the hard way not to store any sort of food product in your glove compartment or center console- drives raccoons crazy.

- raccoons have become a major part of your life.

---You have ever kept your vehicle from rolling over on a trail by hanging onto the rear bumper.

-If you have to get a step ladder for anyone under 5'8 just so they can get in.

~you compare tire sizes instead of the rim size

~other people cant tell what color ur jeep is b/c of all the mud

~when u stuck bumper to bumper u just want to go over the curve and pass but that damn cop is in the way!

-Keep a spare set of shades in the Jeep, not so much for the sun but to keep the rain/mud out of your eyse!

-People hear you coming down the road...... from your tires!!

-when girls you know talk about getting a lift and you immediatly ask what size tires they are trying to fit.

- you take more pics of your vehicle than you do pretty girls, parties, etc..

-You have to chip the concrete like mud on the bottom of your jeep with a putty knife

-You are proud of scratches and dents on your ride as each one has it's own unique history and story.

-You see another Jeeper in a parking lot of a store you're not going to and stop in to talk anyway.

-Hard, soft and topless hold completely different meaning to you then most people.

-Many times when you are coming up towards a construction site you drive in to see if they'll let you play in their yard. (thank you WALSH construction! You guys rock! lol)

-you focus more on whats on the side of the road than the road itself ...

-you love it when its sunny and warm, and when its rainy and wet ...

-you take a first timer for a ride, and it changes their life...

-you have to clean your ears a lot more often than other people ...

-as in childhood; sand, mud, water, streams, rocks, and hills are once again your playground ...

**You've learned how to vault into and out of the driver seat to avoid getting dirty rather than wash the Jeep.

-when you get offended when someone calls your jeep a "car"

-when you can kick any given place on one of your bumpers at any time, and atleast one cake of mud fall off.

-when you havent seen the real color of your vehicle since it last rained.

~The female jeepers dont get arrested for going topless

~you dont have to open ur doors to get out!

~the people in the backseat just use ur back tires to get into and out of ur jeep

~u dont mind stepping into a puddle of water to get into ur jeep

-Infact, you tend to look for the biggest puddle to park next to or in. (or at least I do.. lol)

-When the campus police office calls you to tell you that before you think about it, no, you can't go into the new construction zone on campus.

-When you keep shop rags in you glove box to give to your friends(or mother) because they don't want to get their hands dirty getting in and out of your Jeep.

-when you get goofy looks from people when talking about your bikini top.

-after it snows, you look for the biggest snow pile to park on... Even if it's at the end of the lot with plenty of open spots in the front

... you clean your interior with a hose, not a vacuum

-When you warn first time passengers that if they have motion sickness, they need to find another ride, because you drive a standard Jeep and its always a little rough.

-When you, yourself, have suffered from some minor motion sickness.

-When you see another dirty Jeep in a parking lot, you want to find the driver and ask where they've been.

**When you are damn proud of being a Jeep Girl and the title gives you a newfound sense of independance and power!

- When parallel parking involves popping one tire up onto the sidewalk.

- When you have to disassemble everything that isn't welded on just to get lunch.

- When you know the height clearance of every parking structure in town.

- When you're able to return the raccoons to their natural woodland playland, and then spend some time tearing up their back yard.

- When you show up for dinner with friends and no one even bothers to mention the mud on your clothes.

- When you know, with absolute certainty, exactly how much pressure is in your tires at any given moment.

~when ur driving u tell someone at any given time how many jeeps are around you!

~when you have to put extra conditioner in ur hair to get all the knots out

-When the girl complains about the mess her hair is in...you kick her out and drive off with a grin.----in the middle of the mountains-----with the racoons closing in-----

-When you see another jeep at the dunes that isn't lifted and stuck, you instantly pull out a list of parts, lifts, styles, and shops to do it if the owner is disinclined as you pull them out with grace akin to a strawberry picker.

-Potholes are no longer an nuisance. They are preparation....

-Rubbing moulding with those 'slightly' bigger tires is an easier way to open up the wheel well.

-After cleaning out the inside of the jeep and turbo-lining it, you fall asleep in the back thinking how much more comfortable the rubber is than the carpet anyways.

-when, in the summer, you always know what the weather is gunna be like a week in advance.

...your idea of a drive-thru car wash is hitting every rain puddle on the side of the road, only after getting your jeep good and muddy though.

...if you've ever had to clutch/brake with your right foot because thee breeze feels good on the left let hanging out the door.

-You can predict the weather better than any meteorologist

-You've stood up while driving, just because you can and he can't.

-You leave your doors unlocked at all times so that a burglar won't cut through the roof

-You pay more attention to the vehicles coming at you than the ones on your side of the road.

-Every time you're cut off by a sports car, the though crosses your mind to just park on top of it
- You can compile this list with ease.