Sunday 27th May - Bunyip/Neerim - suitable for all - Page 38 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Victoria
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-05-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
I am however over other winches with crappy cable retaining at the drum - some lessons learned for next time.

If the mild trip was as much fun as we had........
X2. This was my exact problem when my winch let me down on Fenceline a couple of months ago. Once the end came off the drum it flapped around and cut the earth wire from the motor to the control box rendering the winch useless. I didn't pick up the broken wire until I went to remove the winch after I got home. A couple of cable ties have relocated the wire but the cable attachment to the drum is still something I need to address.
Old 28-05-2012
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashman View Post
Where did you head after I left? Must of been a bit of fun??
After lunch down at the river we headed over the bridge then east along Kings Rd. We found an unmarked track and followed it until a fallen tree. I was going to cut it up but when we walked a bit further it turned into a motorcycle track that was too narrow to pass. We backtracked and ended going north up Wild Bull Rd (pretty boring and full of ruts). Then we took an interesting track down to Hawthorn Creek. From there we came back to the bridge down Hawthorn Creek Rd and back home.
Old 28-05-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

looks like you all had fun. which tracks are these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
OK well here's some video of the "mild" - ahem, group's expedition. BIG Thank you to Grahame for leading us - I really hope you had a great day too!

Watch with sound on -

http://youtu.be/CqrdOASbM9g

JB
Old 28-05-2012
Full Flexer

Some pics

Airing down at the Neerim South footy oval

Mild Ones:

Wild Ones

On an unmarked track off Latrobe River Rd:

Playing in the mud at the bottom of Sawdust Track:

Not content using his own winch bitch, Princess Kenny of the Dry Toes uses grabs one of the bystanders to do his dirty work

Jeep assist for a couple of twin cabs on the track leading down to Hawthorn Creek from Ferguson Rd. They had been there a couple of hours when we turned up. Once we got to the bottom of this track ourselves we were amazed that these guys got as far as they did on road tyres. I towed the Hilux to the top and we made the Navara turn around and follow us to the bottom:

Old 28-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lol good pics.
I was just smart enough not to get out and sink in the mud and i think my winch bitch ran away when I got stuck lol
Old 29-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Looks fun guys!!!
Old 30-05-2012
I like stuff and things.

Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

Anyone keen on a re-run this Sunday?