Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 50 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Thanks for the info Clarky.
Looks like I will be searching for a replacement TCCU as I can't see my local Jeep knuckleheads (Laurel & Hardy, B1 & B2 whatever) going out of their way to help me out, and a new transfer case is way out of the question.

Love the Jeep, hate the service........

Cheers, Craig
Old 15-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

Default Yeah, Low4 is back

Picked me up a second hand pre-flash transfer case control unit this afternoon and installed it......yeah, I now have Low4
The 'Service 4WD System' is still on the dash, but I can engage & disengage Low4 without a problem. Time will tell over the next few weeks, but I am reasonably convinced that the switch has solved the problem.

Bought it for $280.00 from Poly 4x4 in Huntingdale Melbourne. The guys there were very helpful and knew so much about the N23 update. If you phone them, speak to Tim.
BTW: They mentioned that there are no actuators in the world at the moment.

Now to go and use my Jeep how it was meant to be used.......as a 4WD.

Cheers, Craig
Old 15-04-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default FDCM Number 199

With the ignition on (not running) unplug the T/C motor wiring & then re-plug it in, this should put the code into a stored state & the 'Service 4WD System' warning should go away, if it doesn't you may have other issues.

What was the p/n on the replacement control unit (FDCM)?
Was it one of these?
56044199AE; 56044199AF; 56044199AG; 56044199AH; 56044199AJ; 56044199AK; 56044199AL; 56044199AM; 56044199AN; 68014199AA

If the numbers ends 129, it's for QTII
Old 15-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
With the ignition on (not running) unplug the T/C motor wiring & then re-plug it in, this should put the code into a stored state & the 'Service 4WD System' warning should go away, if it doesn't you may have other issues.

What was the p/n on the replacement control unit (FDCM)?
Was it one of these?
56044199AE; 56044199AF; 56044199AG; 56044199AH; 56044199AJ; 56044199AK; 56044199AL; 56044199AM; 56044199AN; 68014199AA

If the numbers ends 129, it's for QTII
Hey Clarky,
Thanks for your tips.
Just went out and did what you suggested.......turned the ignition on (not starting), unplugged the wiring to the newly installed TCCU, plugged it back in. The 'Service 4WD System' is still there.
See photo below of the new unit. If you cant read the numbers properly, it reads P56044199AJ.
BTW: Tim at Poly 4x4 checked my VIN number prior to selling me the module.

Keen to know your thoughts, Craig
Old 15-04-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yep, you have done everything right, you may have another issue

If you still have the C1406 code then it may be the Transfer case motor as you have replaced the Final Drive Control Module

C1406 Possible Causes
INTERMITTENT TRANSFER CASE BRAKE PERFORMANCE
(T317) TRANSFER CASE MOTOR LOCK SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(T317) TRANSFER CASE MOTOR LOCK SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

TRANSFER CASE MOTOR ASSEMBLY

(T301) SWITCHED BATTERY SOLENOID SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
FINAL DRIVE CONTROL MODULE

I got my module from Eddy wreckers maybe they still have the T/C motor
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:RTQ:AU:1123

hotqld had a T/C motor, pm him & see if he still has it
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotqld View Post
I have a actuator motor that tested faulty so I replaced it 18 months ago, funny thing the new one from rock auto showed the same fault.
We then replaced the TCM and all was good again.

If you want to try my old one ...can post its a simple job to changeover.

I have not done the recall, reading this thread am in no hurry to.
Cheers
Tony
Old 15-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

Thanks again Clarky.
Have PM'd hotqld to see if he still has his TCM.

BTW: Am I able to delete / detect fault codes with the GDE tune install box?

Cheers, Craig
Old 15-04-2014

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yes you can
Post New Thread  Reply