ECB bullbar - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

FYI I answered my own question. You just wire the led indicators into the back of the main indicators. Now all four blink together at the correct time with no need for resistors. My theory was correct in that since LEDs don't take much juice they can be spliced in with no issues. Boom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by JeepWK2; 07-01-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts

Gday jeepwk2
With the mounting brackets for the bar, did you have 2 per side. 1 horizontal with 2 x 10mm bolts into the chassis & 1 vertical that also bolts into the car & then into horizontal mounts as spoondog has described in an earlier reply?
Mine was only supplied with the horizontal brackets. Think I'll have to fabricate the vertical brackets for more secure mounting.
Good to see you got the wiring done. Still haven't done mine yet.
Silverfox

Last edited by silverfox1111; 05-01-2017 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-01-2017
Senior Newbie

Silverfox yes mate. Mine had a horizontal and vertical mount on each side. X2 M10 mm bolts (high tensile) on the horizontal flank bolting into the underside of the chassis and x2 M8 mm bolts on the vertical go into holes on the chassis rail each side. There are x3 M10 bolts that bolt the bracket on to the bullbar itself on each side. I've used it to recover Toyotas already last weekend and it isn't going anywhere. My Jeep is only held back by its ground clearance, 2.5 inch lift should see me go anywhere my mates can.

There are two models of this bullbar. The one with towhooks already installed is dofferent to no towhooks. I had uneek points I had to remove to put this bullbar on, as it comes with it's own 6mm thick steel points which are very sturdy. Pain to get a rated shackle around for an equaliser strap though as there is bugger all space.

Let me know when you do the wiring. I've got it all written down after several hours of testing and can save you a bit of mucking around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by JeepWK2; 05-01-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-01-2017
Established Member

Gday jeepwk2
Thanks for the info. As you can see from an earlier post, my horizontal mount is similar to yours. Where your vertical is welded, i have 2 holes where it looks like i can bolt an angled bracket.
The 2 8mm bolts in the vertical, did they go into a threaded hole or was a nut required?
I think for a recovery, the horizontal piece with its 2 bolts per side is strong enough cause the "chief" recovery hook i had was held by the same bolts. The vertical would help for vibrations like corrugations.
I'd like to see your wiring diagram as its stupid for me to reinvent what has already been done. Might be able to take a picture of your diagram & post that.
Thanks
Silverfox
Old 07-01-2017
Senior Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox1111 View Post
Gday jeepwk2
Thanks for the info. As you can see from an earlier post, my horizontal mount is similar to yours. Where your vertical is welded, i have 2 holes where it looks like i can bolt an angled bracket.
The 2 8mm bolts in the vertical, did they go into a threaded hole or was a nut required?
I think for a recovery, the horizontal piece with its 2 bolts per side is strong enough cause the "chief" recovery hook i had was held by the same bolts. The vertical would help for vibrations like corrugations.
I'd like to see your wiring diagram as its stupid for me to reinvent what has already been done. Might be able to take a picture of your diagram & post that.
Thanks
Silverfox
Hi Silverfox

Here you go mate.
Passengers side airbox needs to be removed. Easy 1 minute procedure.

Drivers side it is easier to remove the top two 10mm bolts that hold the radiator bottle and move it a bit to get your hand in there.

The bolts go into a threaded part of the chassis and fit firmly no need for nuts on the other side. You are right the bottom 8.8 tensile bolts are strong enough to hold it for recovery as they will not sheer. However for corrugations or if you want your missus to sit on the bullbar for pics then the top bolts will definitely help.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Last edited by JeepWK2; 07-01-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-01-2017
Established Member

Gday jeepwk2
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. Will save me time when i get around to it.
Have you seen my missus? 😁
Silverfox
Old 23-04-2017
Established Member

Gday jeepwk2
Finally got around to wiring my bar up today.
There must be slight differences between cars. The black wires for the led daylight lights on mine needed to go to "white" on drivers side & "white/yellow" on passenger side on the daylight plugs.
Thanks for your list as it saved a lot of stuffing around.
Silverfox
Post New Thread  Reply