KL Products - what do you want to see? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KL Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Maybe not quite the sort of thing you're after? - but A LEFT FOOT REST PLEASE!! I reckon if someone can come up with an easy fit footrest arrangement up to $100 - or even as much as $150 - EVERY Aussie KL owner - not just Trailhawks - will buy it!

Under the easily removable plastic panel immediately next to the left foot there's some sort of dashboard support frame down to the tunnel with two bolts attaching the upper section to the lower - perhaps a folded bracket arrangement that attaches there and still allows the plastic cover to fit as normal would be the go (ie. runs down or forward and folds back up around that panel. Alternatively there's footrests available for wrangler which are a plate with tube section welded on - so a similar arrangement with geometry to suit the KL Cherokee might work (the wrangler ones are designed to sit much higher than I think can be accommodated in the KL).

Else attachment somehow up under the dash there might be possible? - tho it largely looks to be plastic to me.

I guess something that bolts thru the body would be easiest but how would we go for warranty etc.? (ie. by drilling holes)

Last edited by Trailfirst; 09-05-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 15-05-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
I must admit the KL's drive brilliantly. Handling is 2nd to none - but that's the "Car" in KL....

I honestly doubt you'll ever see a rear bar tyre carrier for KL, here or anywhere in the world

A decent roof rack I can see. The stock rails are seriously flimsy.

Rock sliders - that's a given. The Mopar ones in the US are really neat. We'll be bringing those in until Uneek 4x4 release theirs.

We will be doing a snorkel by the looks of it and 1.5" wider flares too.

Snorkel for KL but not KK?
Old 17-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I will pay for a front bar that incorporates winch and light bar with front bash plate. I will also pay for front and rear flare kit so i can get a decent wheel /tyre combo on.
Old 17-05-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts

I was considering buying a KL(see other thread), but the wife wants a diesel so the TH is out. A brief search seemed to indicate that they would be almost impossible to lift for a reasonable price. Also suspension restrictions limit tyre size. So I would assume that a suspension upgrade would out of the question??
Old 26-05-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, would it be easier/possible to get ADR approval on Rocky Rad stuff.. might make it cheaper/easier and quicker to get..although not sure on quality. I dont mind the look they give, keeps the original look whilst adding soem extras..

http://www.rocky-road.com/2014-jeep-...umper-kit.html
Old 08-06-2015
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Looking at a TH over the next few weeks (upgrading the JK) and after a quick look at them (in a closed car yard) the sliders look to be a very good idea. What else you thinking of making?

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 09-06-2015
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Also looking at the US guys putting the 245/70 17 Duratracs on and love tje look and the better off road grip. Is there a procal or equivalent for these?

Also looking at the Trailhawk, are they lifted max already or is there any more height to be had?

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply