Where to & where not to Service - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KL Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-04-2016
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Surely you would get a temp alarm before it got too hot?
Old 15-04-2016
Established Member

Liked 83 Times in 51 Posts

I would have thought so too but he said he pulled over as soon as the alarm went off and when they got it back to Mackay on the tilt tray and pressure tested the cooling system it wouldn't hold pressure.
Old 26-04-2016
Established Member

Liked 83 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoondog View Post
Talking to a mate tonight who yesterday picked up his 2014 wrangler from it's 36000km service in Mackay. 4 hours later he was driving back to work and about an hour in the dreaded chime, looked at the temp. gauge which was in the red. Turns out the radiator cap was left loose and he's cooked his pentastar. And at the 24000km the check engine light was on and they said they fixed it, he drove up the road and it came straight back on.
So not good reviews for Mackay Jeep.
Well it turns out that the mates jeep wasn't cactus. Apparently when they pressure tested it on the side of the road they didn't get a proper seal, after it was taken back to the workshop and pressure tested again all was good. So it's good to know you do get the warning chime before it's too late.
Old 29-08-2016
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey there,

I'm a relatively new Jeep owner (2012 JKU CRD) and need to book it for a service.

Any suggestions/recommendations in the Sutherland Shire in Sydney?

thanks in advance.

cheers,
Old 01-09-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

We're in Cairns and I'm about to see if the Townsville Jeep Dealership will adopt us... We purchased our TH from the local dealership here - then had the 6 month service done in Mt Isa (bought oil filter from the Cairns Dealership tho).

We then moved back to Cairns so took it to the dealer here a bit under two months ago for the 12 month service. We have the high pitched whine from the rear trans so I told them I wanted the bulletin about that addressed - and also pointed out a slight leak from the LH rear drive shaft seal. I suppied our own engine oil - full synthetic Penrite 5W30 to the proper Chrysler MS spec - same as I had put in at the 6 month service.

We also have a bird poo damage issue on the roof - which SHOULD be covered by the OneCoat warranty...

They did the service in the single day no worries - tho it seems clear that the vehicle wasn't even looked at until about 1.5 hours before finish time... Nothing I'm aware of was stuffed up on the service - the oil was clearly new and nothing leaks (time will tell if they've overtorqued the filter element cover etc.) - and the cost was nearly $110 less than quoted.

BUT - they said they needed to get onto Chrysler about the drive seal repair as to whether it would be warranty - and flannelled about the high pitched whine, saying it needed a software flash and they hadn't received that flash update themselves yet - and said they'd also need to find out about the bird poo damage issue.

According to the bulletin that whine is fixed by fitting the latest part number trans control computer and flashing it with latest software. This I'm VERY keen on as it essentially makes it 2016 spec trans control system. The time involved is apparently 0.4 hour - whereas doing anything program wise on the current spec system is supposed to involve hours of on the road real time adjustments and checking with a laptop - so i strongly suspect the new computer system is VERY different to the one we have - in all good ways (2016 KL reviews speak of the transmission being smooth and well tuned... - not the way I'd describe OURS...)

Anyhow, we took the car with the understanding we'd be contacted within days further to the drive seal issue and the transmission whine bulletin. Haven't heard anything and altho I got "no worries we'll chase it" replies to my first two emails - there have been no more responses to any since.

I haven't phoned them yet - that will be next - I've been sick for a couple of weeks so will chase them next week by phone.
Old 13-04-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Anyone have any thoughts on Peter Warren Jeep @ Warwick Farm?? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy my wife a KL Limited. I'm a mechanic of 30 years and have serviced all of my own cars in the past, but am thinking of having this one serviced at the dealer as I just can't be stuffed doing it myself anymore.
Old 13-04-2017
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sending mine in to Heartland Castle Hill for a right rear brake replacement, butterflies in my tummy, hoping that nothing else goes wrong whilst there as they usually fark something else up.
Post New Thread  Reply