Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-06-2010
not just a web wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the spambulance View Post
short answer is no , get poly performance coils and upper control arms to correct the castor and use what ever shocks take your fancy ie fox , king , rancho etc
Beauty of the Poly shocks too is that they suit up to a 4.5 " lift unlike others.
Old 15-06-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2" lift

It is going to be difficult to find a true 2" lift. Both OME and PP will give you more than this, especially in the back. You will come close to 55 - 60mm in the front especially with bullbar and diesel. I have used OME and PP for the rear. The only way to guarentee a 2" lift is to use something like King, ToughDog and others who offer 45mm lifts, and then add a 10mm or 1/2 spacer to get the desired height. The benefit of the larger 3" lift in the rear is when you go away. I currently have the PP 2" coils in the rear giving me over 3" unloaded, however I just went away with 3 adults, 2 kids, and a boot load full of crap (not heavy crap). the benefit was that I ended up with a 2" lift allround once loaded, so an extended lift in the rear is growing on me.
Value for money - U can get cheap lifts, Coils for $300 for four such as Lovells, MOPAR, kings and Dobinsons, Most are about $440 per set of 4. U can also get cheaper shocks for around $100 each, however most decent shocks start around $150 each, so you will always be looking at over $1000 for spings and shocks alone. If you use extended length shocks and go over 2" plan on spending more money on bump stops, brake line extenders, rear stabiliser links, front disconnects, adjustable Panhards and other brackets. I think you really need to budget at least $2000 - $3000 for a 2" lift. PS. its hard to do a JK lift on the cheap unless you opt for a 35mm lift?
I use the Rancho adjustable shocks and love them. I now use the PP rear coils after using the OME coils and prefer the PP coils. i am also considering swapping the front to PP to have a matching set, so I have a set of 4 half price OME coils with only 2000km on them.
Old 15-06-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

^^ Don't hesitate, change to the PP fronts i really doubt you'll regret it!
Old 16-06-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have decide to go for the skyjacker 2-1/2" budget flex as it has adjustable control arms included and is not a bad price
Old 16-06-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Woodycocswell View Post
I have decide to go for the skyjacker 2-1/2" budget flex as it has adjustable control arms included and is not a bad price
what bushes come with the skyjacker control arms?
The control arms that came with my kit weren't adjustable but the nolathane bushes flogged out within 6 months and led to DW for me
Old 17-06-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The control arms arms are adjustable in my kit but they do have nolathane bushes. Thanks for the info i will look at replacing them with rubber ones before fitting them
Old 18-06-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyLovemallet View Post
285/75/16 km2's on 5" backspaced rockcrawler rim......if that helps
like where they sit in the guards. Been told that they put extra stress on bearings ect? is this true and why? i would have thought the wider the tire track the more presure.
Post New Thread  Reply