Self help time for slow diesel fill problem - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2007
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great stuff thanks Robbo - lets all see if this approach works first then - if not we'll all contact Jeep over it later
I told my dealer this AM and he just rang me back (at 7:10pm hows that for dedication) to say he spoke to Greg at Berwick and they have fixed two so far - one had been fitted with a petrol filler neck (the pump nozzle does not go into these properly) and the other with the correct one - they changed both and the guy with the petrol nozzle said said its OK now, but they never heard back from the other guy so they assume he is OK now too. My dealer is ordering in a new neck for me anyway to try it out, and hope it fixes it.
Top marks to Motors Launceston for listening to my problem and chasing it up for me.

Last edited by jbee; 12-10-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Spelling - not my strong suit
Old 12-10-2007
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah I took mine to Albion after purchasing telling them about the problem. They blew it off saying it wasnt a fault with car - but rather the petrol stations. PISSED ME OFF

where do i sign?
Old 13-10-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbee View Post
Great stuff thanks Robbo - lets all see if this approach works first then - if not we'll all contact Jeep over it later
I told my dealer this AM and he just rang me back (at 7:10pm hows that for dedication) to say he spoke to Greg at Berwick and they have fixed two so far - one had been fitted with a petrol filler neck (the pump nozzle does not go into these properly) and the other with the correct one - they changed both and the guy with the petrol nozzle said said its OK now, but they never heard back from the other guy so they assume he is OK now too. My dealer is ordering in a new neck for me anyway to try it out, and hope it fixes it.
Top marks to Motors Launceston for listening to my problem and chasing it up for me.

Yeah I was the other car I sent Greg an email but he must have lost it,so I sent him another one today.Great to hear that you are now getting some where and as I said don't let the dealers fobb you off because it is a problem and Chrysler needs to know.Happy trails
Old 25-10-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got a call from my dealer today - they have the new filler neck in and "a replacement Tank Breather" which Jeep have sent them as they think there may be a fault with some. So with luck that will fix the problem. They have booked me in for next Tuesday.

Great result really thanks to the combined knowledge and help from the forum, a helpfull dealership and Jeep coming straight up with the parts all should be well.
I will keep you posted
Old 30-10-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bad news

The dealer here got the part today - the whole kit by the look of it - the filler neck (which is one piece steel to the tank) it has a small tank vent breather pipe with it and a large vent canister too.

They did not fit it as it seemed ever so slightly smaller than the one that was already fitted ( in the filler neck area) it will also require removing the body from the chassis apparently and they were reluctant to do this for a part that looks identical - they have gone back to jeep for an answer. - They did take the Jeep to a petrol station to try it and agreed it is painful to fill.

I asked if it was possible that the small steel breather pipe had got crushed when the body was put on, but they said they had disconected all the hose ends and blown through them and they all seemed clear and fine.

Back to Jeep Then for now - anyone else had any luck yet? If not we may still all have to write to them in unison. For now though they are at least trying, so thats good.
Old 30-10-2007
CrawlerStar

Angry Bad news 2

Just been back to the dealer after taking 17 minutes to put 55 ltrs in tank ,ended up with fuel down the side of the jeep & my legs ,they still don't think there's a problem because I can fill up at caltex servos if I can find one. They also told me there had been no other complaints about it[even though someone at the dealership had told me they have had complaints] They also told me they were happy to fix it at my expence.
Old 30-10-2007
CrawlerStar

Called in at the local OH&S office to see what their thoughts on the fuel filler setup were .They were surprised at that we were having a problem with it and sugested going to Transport dept or ADR people. Bloke at OH&S has a new Nitro with simaler problem & is keen to know how we get on.