JKU: 2009 Auto Rubicon Build up - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JKU: 2009 Auto Rubicon Build up

It all started when out looking to buy a company Dodge Nitro, almost got one myself luckily the dealer pissed me off (just sign here and will work it out what bull shit). At another yard there was a Black JK jacked up on big ass rims before you know it I’m out test driving it, the wheels got me looking but i didn’t want them just road rims 24inch chrome i think they where anyway end up getting it after getting them to put the normal wheels back on and bit of haggling later it was my new toy a 2009 JK Black Auto Rubicon. Love it.

The plan to do nothing at all. Lasted all of about a week after getting it stuck out side work and going out few times to some small hills and dirt tracks i was addicted to jeep in the blood, no cops bugging me like my road cars.
So step one Bull bar, winch and rear tow bar from TJM, after almost getting stuck by myself never a good idea learning the hard way lol.

Step two bottoming out far too much when out with the big boys and girls so after seeing some cars out there with OME kits i though cheap seam’s ok let’s do it never a good idea thinking back.

Next step new bonnet from AEV and snorkel just looked cool after seeing Rossj JK had to get it also almost sunk the car in water hole still leaning.

Next plan was to get 33inch tyres running on the same rims but after talking to tyre guys change my mind and went to 35s KM 2 great tyre with 16x8 black rims, but after going 4wdriveing up at Glass House Mountain they rubbed a lot and OME kit just wasn’t flexing that much. Also found the TJM bar stopping me from getting over some things because of the angle i would just run into hills with the bar hitting way before the wheels got close.

So new plan after talking to my girl ok........ begging i ordered the AEV premium 3.5 lift kit and high steer kit all looked good until i found i needed a new front tail shaft (hitting everywhere gearbox, bash plate and the exhaust)

so after a bit of bribery (carton of corona) i got one made up in time for some fun at Ormeau. Also changed the front bar to AEV and warn winch. Found after fitting the bar i had to cut down the ends for clearance of the tyre at full flex.

After using the warn winch to recover maybe more like drag a Nissan on the side of tower of terror at Ormeau to be excellent didn’t even look like working hard great bit of kit well worth the money.

Looking at what i did while having some fun at Ormeau on the weekend, i decided to change more stuff have on order some new control arms from Clayton off road full set of eight. An new adjustable Panhard rods front and rear with diff covers from Solid.
Looking at getting some under body protection from the states or local if anyone has it, also if I’m lucky before i die some new flares from double black off road in new year. They where one of the first thing i wanted but not in supply, bloody "US" buying them all, also in the new year new rear AEV bar and tyre carrier so goes the build so far to be continued.........

Old 04-12-2009
Sponsored by Centrelink

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

looking good, thing looks tough
Old 04-12-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice work Steve. I recognize that shed in the background. My dad is Rob from Truck Decor.
Jeep's a bit different to that VC? you had with the sprintcar engine

Last edited by ShadoZJ; 04-12-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts

top looking rig man
Old 04-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

looking good steve!
Old 04-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoZJ View Post
Nice work Steve. I recognize that shed in the background. My dad is Rob from Truck Decor.
Jeep's a bit different to that VC? you had with the sprintcar engine
How you going small world, it was a VB with race engine sold it long time ago would never thought i go away from Holden who am i kidding still have two HSV to sell ha ha not supposed to do anything to the jeep until there where sold but you get that im addicted to jeep now no going back lol
Old 04-12-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool, go for a wheel sometime. I'll bring the old man out.
Post New Thread  Reply