ARB to continue its Australian Manufacturing - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > RumourMil
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-06-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts

All ARB bars for the international market are already made in Thailand with Australian stock manufactured here. That's why a steel winch bar for a WJ/G Grand Cherokee is several hundred dollars cheaper in the US than it is here.

I, along with 10 others from MJOC were lucky enough to have a guided tour of their design and manufacturing facilities last year. That was the first time they knew about the sales figures for the WK Grand.

It was interesting hearing about their relationships with several vehicle manufacturers, and learning that it just isn't Jeep they don't have a great relationship with.

Toyota Australia were very upset as ARB had a brand new 200 series LC in their hands to design a front bar for because it was shipped over from Saudi Arabia by a very large dealership there several months before Toyota Australia had one oif their own! They wanted bars ready to go asap where Toyota Australia weren't interested.

I remember doing a deliveries there a few years ago and seeing a LHD Tundra V8 ute there. What a pity they aren't available here.
Old 13-06-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 95 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarps View Post
If only they'd embraced Jeep as a aftermarket market.
Imagine their production lines then.
I think they do as their diff lockers are common place in the US and Old Man Emu suspension being owned by ARB sells a lot of product for Jeep thanks to the US market

I'm hoping their Aussie manufacturing facilities do not close down. Australia will be in deep $hit with the loss of manufacturing and lack of opportunity for so many people as a result
Old 13-06-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 95 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexytj View Post
cost of business is prohibitive due to the current governments policies , unions , and utility costs to run a business in Australia .
yep, very true
Old 13-06-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi guys, this rumour is 100% incorrect.

We were contacted yesterday by 3AW in Melbourne wishing to confirm a claim by one of their listeners that we were moving our manufacturing to the Philippines. After speaking with us directly, the rumour was dismissed on air shortly afterwards.

ARB have finishing facilities in most states, however our largest manufacturing plant is at Kilsyth Melbourne and employs many hundreds of people. It runs 24 hours around the clock with three rolling shifts each day. ARB are proud to be an Australian manufacturer and have no intention of closing or relocating this facility. In fact, we've recently spent millions of dollars on additional machinery to increase efficiency and output in our Australian facilities. Products from Kilsyth are dispatched to all corners of Australia and the world.

ARB products can be purchased in approximately 150 countries around the world and a number of those countries do not have trade agreements with Australia, making our products very expensive there when supplied from Australia. To address this and to build export markets, we built a sister factory to Kilsyth some 7 years ago. This factory is located in Thailand and was built by ARB. It is staffed by ARB employees and managed by staff who started their ARB career at Kilsyth. Jigs and fixtures used in that factory are built at Kilsyth.

Owning a factory in Thailand not only provides a logical and economic point to deliver products into some of our export markets, it also allows ARB to work closely with vehicle manufacturers in that country such as Nissan, Mitsubishi and others.

To dismiss this latest rumour once and for all, a huge range of ARB products (Air Lockers, the vast majority of bull bars & protection equipment and our range of performance compressors to name just a few) that are used in Australia and around the world are manufactured at Kilsyth in Melbourne by Australian staff. ARB is an Australian success story and is firmly committed to Australian manufacturing.

If anyone ever has a question relating to ARB or our manufacturing plants or processes, I'm only a PM away and would be happy to answer them before this kind of incorrect information is published on the public forum.

To avoid confusion for other forum members, it would be great if the subject of this thread could be updated .

Cheers,

Sam Boden
Online Communications Manager
ARB 4x4 Accessories
Old 13-06-2013
Just Real Jeeps Club

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
Default ARB to shutdown its Australian Manufacturing

Good news

Sent from
yetiboy01's iPhone using Tapatalk

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com
Old 13-06-2013
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB 4X4 Accessories View Post

We were contacted yesterday by 3AW in Melbourne wishing to confirm a claim by one of their listeners that we were moving our manufacturing to the Philippines. After speaking with us directly, the rumour was dismissed on air shortly afterwards.

ARB have finishing facilities in most states, however our largest manufacturing plant is at Kilsyth Melbourne and employs many hundreds of people. It runs 24 hours around the clock with three rolling shifts each day. ARB are proud to be an Australian manufacturer and have no intention of closing or relocating this facility. In fact, we've recently spent millions of dollars on additional machinery to increase efficiency and output in our Australian facilities. Products from Kilsyth are dispatched to all corners of Australia and the world.

ARB products can be purchased in approximately 150 countries around the world and a number of those countries do not have trade agreements with Australia, making our products very expensive there when supplied from Australia. To address this and to build export markets, we built a sister factory to Kilsyth some 7 years ago. This factory is located in Thailand and was built by ARB. It is staffed by ARB employees and managed by staff who started their ARB career at Kilsyth. Jigs and fixtures used in that factory are built at Kilsyth.

Owning a factory in Thailand not only provides a logical and economic point to deliver products into some of our export markets, it also allows ARB to work closely with vehicle manufacturers in that country such as Nissan, Mitsubishi and others.

To dismiss this latest rumour once and for all, a huge range of ARB products (Air Lockers, the vast majority of bull bars & protection equipment and our range of performance compressors to name just a few) that are used in Australia and around the world are manufactured at Kilsyth in Melbourne by Australian staff. ARB is an Australian success story and is firmly committed to Australian manufacturing.

If anyone ever has a question relating to ARB or our manufacturing plants or processes, I'm only a PM away and would be happy to answer them before this kind of incorrect information is published on the public forum.

To avoid confusion for other forum members, it would be great if the subject of this thread could be updated .

Cheers,

Sam Boden
ARB 4x4 Accessories
Thanks Sam for clearing this up!!
I think in years gone by that I have seen some of your bullbars being made in an engineering fabrication place in Northern Vic, There was plenty of Quality assurance going on with the bars, no short cuts!
I have an ARB bar on my jeep & are very happy with it & over time will continue to support local manufacturers like ARB.
We have had threads/posts on AJOR concerning some of the poorly made junk that has come from a very large country to our north. While we have local quality manufacturers like yourself there is little need for much of the stuff that has come here on a "slow boat from ........" !!
Old 13-06-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB 4X4 Accessories View Post

Cheers,

Sam Boden
ARB 4x4 Accessories
Thats great but its still very disappointing that we can buy ARB products made in Australia via the USA and air freight them here cheaper than walking into a store here. You have many loyal customers here that dont buy local for this very reason. How about a Jeep forum group buy. We dont need it cheaper than the US, but matching the prices would be a nice start.
Post New Thread  Reply