LED Light Bars??? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Question Polls
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-02-2014
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default LED Light Bars???

Ok Question time? What do you want? What do you look for?
Quality or price? Lumen output? What is it that makes you pull the trigger on what you buy?
We try and sell cheap bars and people whinge that they are not good enough!
We try ands sell good quality light bars cheaper than anyone else in Oz and people say they are too dear!

So what makes you buy what you buy? Remember there is no such thing as cheap good quality
Old 13-02-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

I prefer quality and expect to pay more which is why I don't have any extra lights, need to save for them.
Old 13-02-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts

im not a light bar fan myself, but do love the extra light from LED lights.

Personally I will probably go for more smaller but high output LEDs (already have 4 on my light bar, but already looking at upgrading) strategically placed on light bar frames, windshield brackets etc, but I have learnt my lesson years ago when buying "cheap"
Old 13-02-2014
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Quality, every time.
I'd rather pay more for something I know won't let me down, break, or deteriorate over time.
Old 13-02-2014
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

The best set of spot lights I ever had cost me $40. Im a truck driver and have used roolights, lightforce, big nava lights and I can safly tell you they are not better than the no name $40 spotties I used to have. Right now I have a 33" light bar, 60 LEDs I paid $148 on ebay made in australia. The same light sells for $395 at tigerz11! I do not believe that paying more equals better quality.
Old 13-02-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default LED Light Bars???

As someone is not likely to get a lot of choice in lighting (bullbar options restrict light choices to LED and small lights) I find myself at a loss because there are more options than I know what to do with in LED and it just keeps getting worse! ALmost every time I go online, I find a new manufacturer who supply's racing LEDs to some Baja runner, or the smaller operator like Scorpion who produces astromical output from a really small unit, and I see my local Jaycar bloke, who could kit me out with 10 sets of LED lights for the same price as one bar that I'm really keen on (incidentally, I'm holding out for the wurton 26" at the moment, as it fits perfectly in the space.. Pity it's $1200)

At the moment, I'm not doing a lot of night driving, and haven't had the need to melt a credit card with a big light purchase, so I'm biding my time.

Short answer, I'm looking for reputable quality and reliability, a reasonable price, a solid mount, and a business that treats their customers like family (always makes buying decisions easier)

A good example of this.. I tried to buy an overseas product recently, but the provider was asking too much for international shipping. I sent them an email regarding this high shipping cost, the managing director of the company replied, explained the reason for the I price, offered a supplier near him that provided a better shipping rate, contacted that reseller ahead of me and told them I would be contacting them, then followed up to see how everything went afterwards. No two ways about it, that guaranteed my purchase, and probably my next few off the back of such a good experience.
Old 13-02-2014
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Aurora!! They are awesome and the price is always reasonable. I have a 20" plus two dually fogs on the Jk, 10" on the IX35 and a 6" on the Yamaha!
Light is amazing.
Matt

Highbeam on the bike...

Highbeam and Aurora 6"...

Awesome light from such a small package and the Jeep and IX35 are even better!!!!!!

Last edited by Macca2801; 14-02-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply