What are your long term plans for your TJ? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts
Default What are your long term plans for your TJ?

Is it a keeper? Is it stock, are you going to MOD it? How long have you owned it?

I noticed that threads are running slow here. Like my XJ, I am not seeing too many TJs on the road these days. Is this because most of them are on the trails? The ones I do see are well looked after....
Old 04-01-2019
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

This stage keep it. I have had it for a few of years now which is probably a record for me with project cars.

Wouldn't mind either finally building a turbo kit for it, but this stage it's just keep up with the servicing and upkeep of a 20 year old car that has been underwater a million times.

Also the Sierra project is killing all time in modding the TJ, although, it does have it's fair share of mods itself.
Old 04-01-2019
AJOR Gold

Liked 21 Times in 17 Posts

Spent a fair bit restoring the TJ to near standard, now my daily drive. Completely impractical but it has character. Does some fairly light offroad. Maybe I'll still own it when it can go on club rego😀.

Honestly don't know what to move on to. Maybe a dirt/touring bike...
Old 06-01-2019
Full Flexer

In my honest opinion, the TJ is the best looking 2 door Wrangler ever made, along with the 4.0L i6 engine.

If I had to have a Jeep project car, it would be the TJ.

http://davisautosports.com/wrangler-tj/
Old 07-01-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Did the sums and after a lot of test drives decided the old TJ thats been in the family since new was a better bet than buying a 3.6 JK and doing similar mods.

It's my daily, won't be going anywhere soon

Last edited by Daz7; 07-01-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2019
Full Flexer

Great post.... So apart from those that have responded do you TJ owners do anything with your TJs? Last post about what you have done with your TJ went up in September.

Does anyone here do any touring? How does she travel on long trips?
Old 12-01-2019
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 95 Times in 77 Posts

been from Frankston Vic to Bundy Queensland a few times in the heep amongst other trips. no worries with it.
once drove non stop from the gold coast to back home here, not something I would recommend though.
mines a keeper, had it since new
Post New Thread  Reply