Can someone clear up the 4.01 ratios? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can someone clear up the 4.01 ratios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel
The "tow-Pack" is a U.S option, not available in Australia.
...This seems to be the 'interpretation'...we're getting and yet Jeep Australia's ..(finally updated) ..website.. gives these fantastic tow figures of 1600kg...for the 2 door...and 2300 kg for the 4 door... with the proviso ' * when properly equipped' ? .....Properly equipped doesn't just mean a tow bar ..so I'm a little curious myself and as yet have had no answer from Chrysler... or a dealer. One dealer has even stated 'they haven't worked out how to put a tow bar on yet..so they aren't pushing the option'. The automatics.. 'apparently'..all have 4.1 final drive/axle ratio... and should therefore be able to tow in petrol or diesel.... The manuals are listed as 3.22.. regardless of petrol or diesel, unless one purchases the Rubicon. By that logic, if one buys a manual two door.....other than a Rubicon... they shouldn't be towing anything over about 750kg. Like some others on this site...I'm pretty keen to go with a diesel two door..and would love the Rubicon... as it covers all the bases.. but no diesel. So...perhaps a 2 dr diesel Sport with tow pack..including Dana 44 rear & 4.1 ratios.. and upgrade to 32" All Terrains on 17" rims. I'm sure I can live without the 4.1 Rock Trac transer case (although it would be nice)... But alas.. while 'they' haven't said this option is not available ....they aren't really saying anything at all.
Old 27-03-2007
Jeepin' is incurable....

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

Bold number is the 6 speed petrol/diesel
Italics number is the 4 speed auto (petrol only)
Underlined number is the 5 speed auto (CRD only) so rear axle is 2.21 or 4.10 depending on transmission type ie 2.21 in manual, 4.10 in auto.

TC ratios are based on model not engine so a Sport has 3.73, Rubicon 4.10. regardless of transmission.

That's the way I read the brochure anyway.
Old 27-03-2007
Jeepin' is incurable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber
Bold number is the 6 speed petrol/diesel
Italics number is the 4 speed auto (petrol only)
Underlined number is the 5 speed auto (CRD only) so rear axle is 2.21 or 4.10 depending on transmission type ie 2.21 in manual, 4.10 in auto.

TC ratios are based on model not engine so a Sport has 3.73, Rubicon 4.10. regardless of transmission.

That's the way I read the brochure anyway.
But depending on where in the brochure you look it is 2.21 or 3.21 - I thought 2.21 looked a bit high so I had another read of the brochure. Furthermore the brochure says it is based on engine not transmission:
Axle Ratio — 3.21:1
— 4.10:1 (included with CRD/manual transmission or automatic transmission)

Looks like we're going to get the same salesperson's lack of product knowledge I got when trying to compare the WG CRD vs petrol and Laredo vs Limited .
Old 27-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can someone clear up the 4.01 ratios?

Quote:
But depending on where in the brochure you look it is 2.21 or 3.21 - I thought 2.21 looked a bit high so I had another read of the brochure. Furthermore the brochure says it is based on engine not transmission:
Axle Ratio — 3.21:1
— 4.10:1 (included with CRD/manual transmission or automatic transmission)

Looks like we're going to get the same salesperson's lack of product knowledge I got when trying to compare the WG CRD vs petrol and Laredo vs Limited .
... Well...judging from all that... It's pretty clear... that is all still very much unclear. Only two ratios have been listed (on the U.S. site at least).. 3.22 or 4.1. Initial feed back said all autos & Rubicons would get 4.1's and the manuals other than the Rubicon, would get 3.2's. The 'constantly evolving' data now suggests the manual in both the Sport & Unlimited sport..in the diesel..will get 4.1's. This would be great.. but is it actually a fact ..or just another 'vaguerism'.. of which there appear to be many ?
Old 28-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Before you blame the sales staff for lack of knowledge, you all have access to the same sort of information we do, and you have already said that DCAuP don't seem to know. So to tell you the truth DCAuP, probably don't know and the sales staff are flying blind as usual.
Old 28-03-2007
Jeepin' is incurable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel
Before you blame the sales staff for lack of knowledge, you all have access to the same sort of information we do, and you have already said that DCAuP don't seem to know. So to tell you the truth DCAuP, probably don't know and the sales staff are flying blind as usual.
Nigel I'm sure you're different, but all I know from 3 years ago is (based on what the salesmen [plural deliberate] told me):
* Quadradrive doesn't make any difference so don't waste your money
* The CRD WG Laredo sits 2" higher than the Limited
* The CRD WG comes with up country suspension and the skid plate group in the Laredo only
* The CRD Laredo 04 came with variable geometry turbo....

and the list goes on (for those who don't know not one of those is correct and the absence of the skid plate has cost me big time). In the end one of the more symapethetic sales persons gave me the Jeep staff training manual because he didn't even undertsand the questions let alone the answers. I know contradictions in sales brochures don't help your cause but there is, in general, a huge lack of product knowledge out there among those who should know the answer and / or put pressure on DC to at least give them the correct answer.

I might add the salesman who gave me many of those answers above still works for the same dealer and gave me similarly false information about the WH CRD.

But now folks, back to the topic. We had Mike Ross from CJ at MJOC last night and he's rushed back to check all the inconsistencies in the brochure so hopefully something will be done to correct the misinformation now the whole club has let him know about them.
Old 28-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
But now folks, back to the topic. We had Mike Ross from CJ at MJOC last night and he's rushed back to check all the inconsistencies in the brochure so hopefully something will be done to correct the misinformation now the whole club has let him know about them.
Nice work Bomber!
Post New Thread  Reply