New Suspension Options for 2" Lift - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-11-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Default New Suspension Options for 2" Lift

Hi Guys

I found some cheaper alternatives for 2" lift kits.

The first is $550 and uses Lovells Springs and Webco shocks.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142455110...84.m1436.l2649

The second is $695 and uses King Springs and ARCHM4x4 shocks.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/391743667...84.m1436.l2649

The springs are well known brands, but the shocks are pretty lite on info.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Another option would be to purchase Dobinsons coils separately and run the rears with the stock shocks, but upgrade the front with something better. Suggestions welcome.

Cheers
H2Micr0
Old 15-11-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 98 Times in 67 Posts

I did a bit of searching before buying mine and looked at a number of the cheaper options including the spacer lifts, but ended up saving up for a bit longer and going with the CRDSTU lift which I installed last weekend. One thing most will recommend is to replace your upper arms on the front due to the fact that the ball joints can fail on the stock arms at that angle with some pretty shocking results.
Old 15-11-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

ARCHM4x4 say they are made by the same manufacturer as the well known brands. The only brand I know that advertises foam cell is ironman 4x4.

Have you seen these struts from Lovells?
They have an adjustable perch. No spacer 30mm drop 1 spacer standard height, 2 spacers raise 30mm.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Lovell...4383.l4275.c10

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	95fcac7bf79f797e9a6ed5ebba1673af.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	76631  
Old 15-11-2017
Senior Newbie

Thanks Clarky.

They look very nice indeed.

So combining them with some 2" Dobinson Coils and leaving the stock rear shocks in for a few months until I can replace them, seems like a reasonable option, for a reasonable price.

Cheers
Ben
Old 16-11-2017
I just registered

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Im also in the process of getting a lift kit. what about strut spacers? are they any good?
Old 16-11-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

If your suspension was new then yes why not use a spacer but as most Grands/Commanders have 100,000km + on them now with the factory spring that would have sagged by now it doesn't make sense to do all that work and still have it ride like a boat. The difference is chalk and cheese.
Old 17-11-2017
Senior Newbie

I also looked at the strut spacers as an option.

But, getting a set sent to Aus, you are looking at over $300 easily.

And you don't get any additional travel. They just lift the mount point. This is fine if you just need the additional clearance.

But as mentioned above, my CRD has 210k on it now. I believe the previous owners used mine in the outback, judging from how much red dust there is in it, and remnants of a brake controller suggest it did some towing too. I assume the suspension is at the end of it's life.

I have been able to secure a good deal on new OME coils and struts, so will be going down that path. The rear shocks will stay for a few months I they will get replaced early next year as money allows.

I have also picked up some Jeep Commander wheels, and will be grabbing a set of unloved Goodyear Wranglers off a JK, 245/75/17. Quite a few choices as the Wrangler owners upsize from this stock fitment.

Thanks all for your help.

Cheers
Ben
Post New Thread  Reply