Engine Oil Pressure Monitoring 3.0L Ecodiesel WK2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Sticky's - New members please stop by
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2022
I just registered

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Engine Oil Pressure Monitoring 3.0L Ecodiesel WK2

Hi All,

Looking to find some info on Jeep GC 3.0L Eco diesel Engine oil pressure. This is looking to confirm low oil pressure intermittent fault at idle. Thinking possible sensor issue or oil cooler valve issue. Oil level is fine. Filter is spotless.

1. Has anyone been able to monitor Engine oil pressure using OBD2 port & app. I am looking at Alfa OBD.

2. Have you used a digital or analogue gauge to monitor oil pressure? Location of connection?

3. Can anyone confirm if the engine oil pressure monitoring is a pre-set switch (0.4bar) or an analogue transducer (0-5V)? Please provide source of information.

4. Does anyone have spec values for oil pressure (at given temp/rpm)?

5. What oil is do you use 5W-30 or 5W-40? (Technical service bulletin update)

Thanks in advance.

Freejeep
Old 06-11-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 128 Times in 76 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I was just the other day looking on OBDLink to see if the was an oil pressure PID. Most info on the dash is useful but engine oil pressure and even tranny oil pressure would be hand.

All I could find was a oil pressure low switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 830 Times in 467 Posts

A change from 5w30 to 5w40 Synthetic was mandated in an urgent TSB about six years ago by FCA due to main bearing failures some oil rrtailers still stating 5w30
this is wrong!
Old 07-11-2022
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,311 Times in 753 Posts

The 5w 40 most certainly 'queitens' them down....@155k last service was my first change to the 40w...could notice the 'engine noise' change instantly...as per bjms' above post...it was a 'mandated' factory upgrade years ago...but....owners manual/retailers and 'workshops' were/are still recommending/using the 30w...obviously, the owners manual isnt going to change (it came with the car at original sale)...and 'some' google searches will still state 30w...I tow and live where temps get up to and above 50C...it was a no brainer to upgrade...MAJOR reason for 'upgrade' was all the advice given on this forum...THANKS GUYS !!!

Regards the oil pressure 'monitoring'...there is a lot of info on this on this forum and the US Sites...would appear there are wild fluctuations on any type of 'pressure monitoring' device used...it actually scared some owners and they ceased 'reading' it...you have posted on jeeper6s' thread re: the same...if you read that entire thread I think you will find a few andwers and leads...GOOD LUCK

As a 'helpful hint'...it is best to put your year model at the base of your posts...this assists forum members to answer your questions...models vary in many aspects...'11-13' and '14 upwards have differing bits n pieces...and...dont be fooled into the engine 'breed'...export models (including Oz) do not have 'eco-diesels'...that breed is states based

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
bjm

Last edited by FARWEST; 07-11-2022 at 06:27 AM.
Old 07-11-2022
I just registered

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies & information. It is for a 2014 model.

Does anyone have the oil circuit drawing available?

Thanks,

Freejeep
Old 07-03-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,926 Times in 2,318 Posts

Just a bump on this thread: Alfa OBD, select the Body Control Module then find the SRT button, say Yes and you should end up with a new app on the UConnect screen, bottom RH corner, this will give you Oil Pressure Gauge, Coolant Temp along with some others you will also get a few extra on the dash including a fault code display and some blingy stuff.....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply