KJ Owners post your PIC!! - Page 187 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-05-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

I looked into the Clevis lift but seemed like a fair bit of work, plus my lift has been due any day for the last few weeks. Hadn't looked into the conduit nut but now that i do it does seem like a good idea, in fact I'd probably do it but my lift is due any day now (really this time, tracking number says it's at the depo - finally)
Old 13-05-2014
Established Member

Default KJ Owners post your PIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepboy79 View Post
Totally agree with what you're saying Dissociative.

OK, let's talk price. I prefer Stu's kit but it's priced at $1550. OME kit I got quoted was about $1350 or so from ARB. Both of these do not include installation and its only fair to compare them apples to apples as I live in Sydney and I'm not driving to Brisbane to get a lift kit installed.

I'm going to the Camping Supershow, on here in Sydney at the moment and apparently ARB guys are "doing deals". So if I can get this even cheaper from ARB I think I think I will definitely go down the ARB road. If they refuse to do anything then perhaps for a $200 differential I might still go down the CRDSTU path.
I have STU's kit in my KJ and the ride is fantastic. Yes it costs a bit more but I think it is worth ever cent.
You don't need to drive to Brisbane to get it fitted. The guys at ATV I'm Sydney are more than capable to fit the lift kit for you.
Old 19-05-2014
Established Member

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissociative View Post
I looked into the Clevis lift but seemed like a fair bit of work, plus my lift has been due any day for the last few weeks. Hadn't looked into the conduit nut but now that i do it does seem like a good idea, in fact I'd probably do it but my lift is due any day now (really this time, tracking number says it's at the depo - finally)
The packers and the conduit nuts don't actually do anything, they simply serve as a guide. It's as easy as jack up the side you're working on, loosen the clevis pinch bolt, use a prybar or tool of choice to slide the clevis down on the shock say 10mm, then re-tighten the bolt. all done. As stated, 10 mins work, and will return an inch of lift or thereabouts. it's the only thing keeping my front end up until my replacement lift goes in. You can even do this after the new lift gear goes in as it is a common method to level out the car if you have a front bar installed.
Old 07-07-2014
Established Member

An updated pic of mine, post lift, wheels, tyres and a bunch of other stuff. Had it down in the mud around Dwellingup yesterday during the storms in WA, went great - really happy with the traction on the General Grabbers and the flex on the rear is brilliant.

Going to put a packer on next to lift the front a little more.

Old 08-07-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking great....nice

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
Old 14-07-2014
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Water crossing fail.
Old 26-07-2014
Established Member

LOL ^^

Fitted the 11XP Runva, time will tell if it's a worthwhile addition, but I haven't lost any height and ride feels the same. The step change in ride happened with the lift and tyres, changed things significantly.

Due to the bar being designed for roller fairleads, I got the ARB hawse fairlead spacer/adapter, which does the job but is a bit unsightly. Might look to find an alternative to get the fairlead flush with the bar down the track.

Also removed the fog lights and put the apertures in and put the ARB LED replacement indicators in after the standard ones died the first time they got wet (they aren't sealed). Currently waiting for ARB to respond on why they blink too fast when they are supposed to be a direct replacement for this type of bar. Also splurged on a new Optima Yellow top.

Few more things on the list and I think I'm done!

Last edited by Dissociative; 26-07-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Second pic
Post New Thread  Reply