What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? - Page 157 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 231 Times in 188 Posts

Changed the left headlight. Water got inside it somehow, I suspect through the small crack it had.
Old 11-03-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Decided to change my coils springs to some more soft ones. I have found a new spring manufacturer for me, gonna try it out now. Can't wait to feel the difference

Last edited by koild; 13-03-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 13-03-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Talking new headlights

Fitted new headlights to my WG over the weekend...
Old 18-03-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

A mate rang me early this morning saying ARB had a big sale on, so off we went, he wanted some gear for his FJ, and me, not expecting to find anything for a WJ.
Well they had a heap of Wrangler bullbars for around 250, a winch bar for a WK for 300 bucks, I have read that these fit the WJ but didn't wanna take the chance.

Anyway, I spotted a OME swaybar for a WJ, I asked the bird with the part number book to double check the numbers, sure enough it suits the WJ, list price, 298 bucks, ouch, she said, take it today for 30, easily done! As I was in need of sway bar bushes and this came with a set I jumped on it.

All fitted nice and easily, same diameter as stock, but much heavier.
Old 18-03-2017
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
A mate rang me early this morning saying ARB had a big sale on, so off we went, he wanted some gear for his FJ, and me, not expecting to find anything for a WJ.
Well they had a heap of Wrangler bullbars for around 250, a winch bar for a WK for 300 bucks, I have read that these fit the WJ but didn't wanna take the chance.

Anyway, I spotted a OME swaybar for a WJ, I asked the bird with the part number book to double check the numbers, sure enough it suits the WJ, list price, 298 bucks, ouch, she said, take it today for 30, easily done! As I was in need of sway bar bushes and this came with a set I jumped on it.

All fitted nice and easily, same diameter as stock, but much heavier.
Highly unsual for ARB to stock WJ stuff but well done.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Last edited by Tyvokka; 18-03-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 18-03-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

That's what I was thinking, I would never usually buy their overpriced gear but went just for a look. They had nothing for the FJ though, haha.
I would have come home with a bullbar if they had one, most were selling for 100-300 bucks, all shopping cart Prado, Hilux and lots of Amarok stuff

Sent from under my Grand Cherokee
Old 22-03-2017
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Just an update on the old girl. I had the aircon nitrogen leak tested today. They found some leaking seals by the compressor. They are fixing those, regassing the aircon and getting it all nice and cold again for me. $220 including test, seals and regas.

I got a cheap set of brand new rotors and pads for the front delivered today. I can't believe the price. Only $120 delivered for 2 new rotors and a full set of front pads. Even if they are cheapies, its better than the warped and worn out units i have on at the moment.

I took the front seat out and found two large cracks. I welded them with a mig, greased everything up and the seat is now as good as new again.. That fix was free...

I have two more big jobs. One is a bit of paint fix up on the roof and bumper.. i will go and get a spray can mixed up for it.

The other big job is the p0470 code. The engine warning light appears and dissapears, and the tranny feels fine, but i would like a fix. The sensors i replaced did nothing to fix the code. I checked underneath and i have the notorious black plug solenoid pack in the transmission. These were supposed to be plagued with problems. I can get a white plug (much better design) reman one, plus the adapter plate for about $200 landed. I would have to drop the pan, change out the solenoid pack, fit the pan and replace the tranny fluid. This should cure the code issues and any other bugs. Anyone got any advice on a fluid to use in the 545RFE tranny. I know you can get the MOPAR stuff, but it costs a fortune.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
Well, my 04 WJ Overland has started to fall apart on me. Started with the cracked drivers seat base which is driving me crazy, then the aircon packed up, then i got a P0470 "torque convertor clutch" code, and my 17" tyres are going bald and i hit a bird and broke all my grille inserts.

I was going to trade it in at a car yard, but the HO motor is great, and the rest of the car is beaut, plus the kids love it.

So i found new 235/65/17 tyres for $90 instead of the usual $160. I went to supercrap and bought alloy mesh for $30 and replaced the grille inserts with the ally mesh. Looks very good now. I have ordered an EX valve for the aircon, as the mobile aircon guy recons i may need one. Only $45 delivered from US, then i will get the aircon tested and serviced with the EX valve fitted.
The gearbox feels fine, but when i clear the code, it reappears with highway use. Some say the problem can be the TPS, and i have noticed my idle can be a little erratic some times, so i have ordered one of those from Ebay for $20 delivered. Some also say it can be the Speed Sensors. So i have ordered one of those from Ebay at only $35 delivered. I will try these options out first before i move onto replacing the solenoid pack and filters. Last option will be Torque Convertor, but i have found these parts for cheap as chips also.
There are some simple repair video's on YouTube for the cracked seat base repair, so that will be coming up soon. I will also be fixing some rust bubbles and tidying the car up. At the moment, the budget is 1K to get her back into tip top condition. I have had her 3 years and barely spent a cent. Just a repezza joint and starter motor, both cheapies from Ebay and both working great.

The HO motor has done 225K and is barely run in. Its runs and sounds like new.

Cheers,