SO, the JK is...... - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2010
Original Mexican Mafia

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo View Post
Maybe.... maybe not.
You've been on here a long time EJ, ever seen this much slanging going on before?
If its not the JK, whats causing it then?
Just trying to open things up a little, and maybe resolve a few issues. Aint that healthy?
If you dont think so, fair enuf then.
...??
The slanging is TJ owners hangin shit on Jk owners. Plain and simple.
Same as CJ owners hung shit on TJ owners. Not that I am old enuf to remember.
What issues are there to resolve. The Jk demographic is very wide spread. Chrysler intended it that way to sell as many as possible and they have succeeded. A very small percentage of them are on this forum. A poll on the average age of JK owners on this forum would be ineresting to see.
For whatever its worth to add something to the debate I think its true that JK owners do think there rig is more capable than it actually is. (that reputation is purely a result of the TJ's existence) Congrats to Chrysler for that succesfull marketing.They are more capable in stock form than a TJ without doubt. So the owners feel proud. Alot like gay pride. Say it out loud and be proud. Should set up a debate at Jambo. To make people feel at home we will put a keyboard infront of them along with a mic. I would pay to see that.
Old 05-03-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The solution?

For Chrysler to listen to the feedback from issues caused by innonitave idiots doing things like redesigning the uni-joint circlip and either fix them or make sure they learn not to do them again on the next model, if there's already a proven good design for a transfer lever clip use it, don't pay some clown $100K pa to come up with something weaker that costs 5 cents cheaper :P

Techno gatget features are cool, but just give us some simple on/off switches/overides for goodness sake.
It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand............
Old 05-03-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

Honestly some of the older members on the forum need to shoulder some of the responsibility. Not all by any means ,yes there has been some trivial things mentioned when users have been complaining about their jk`s and there has been some real concerns .

Getting on the band wagon and adding fuel to the fire dosent help ,nor does flaming individuals ,some have been using the forum as there little fishing trip to see if they can get a few bites (they are more than likely bored )

Really if its not constructive and positive keep it to your self , that being said its only a handfull of members making the most noise (in the least positive manner) .
I can see its doing ausjeep as a whole no good, ie the guys who are getting on with wheeling modding and have some knowledge worth sharing wont bother posting leaving just posts about nothing really.everyone needs to give each other a fair go, nobody here is perfect

Last edited by kj69; 05-03-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it is more a snapshot of society which seems to have developed a very much negative attitude towards things. People expect alot more out of consumables and bitch and moan at petty things. It's popularity is also a curse as people have bought them who really don't understand their real purpose which has been perpetuated by the marketing people. In essence the JK is a good vehicle and is best suited to those who like low range 4wding and is very capable stock and as with other vehicles modding takes them to another level. The problem is that some people have bought them and expect them to be an outback tourer lugging heavy trailers which is something they are not suited to and dissapointment is enevitable. Personally i don't think they have anymore Death wobble issues than other beam axle 4wd's it's just they are new and people with little previous experience whack lifts in without thinking of the repurcussions and i think there is great deal of people who have experienced a wobbling feeling that is not Death wobbles. As for the fire issue that seems to have calmed down now and it is not the first brand to be affected by this. Hopefully in a few years time people who are genuine Jeep lovers will out number the fad chasers that have rode the JK wave and most of crap will die down.

oh in relation to lovemywrangler's statement i think you'll find that their are many JK owners who are more than prepared to push the bounderies much more so than any other make. There are several examples on this website and within the club i belong to they go where anyone else goes on the whole.
Old 05-03-2010
StaunStar

Liked 57 Times in 37 Posts

I have read the threads and aint gonna read all of this one, as I have better things to do with my life.
But buyers remorse has a lot to do with a lot of JK owners who are new 4x4r's and new jeepers who are dealing with poor dealers.
I have the firm impression that a lot of JK owners are Latte drinking Yups, don't wheel and couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse.
Old 05-03-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

i like my JK. It suits me great and I don't mind the way it drives at all. I like how it is a genuinely flexible vehicle capable of doing a wide range of things including getting dirty on weekends. I am a latte drinker, not a pole smoker, i don't wear my collar flicked up, I like boutique beers, have never driven a greasy stick up a dog's arse as that's just ferral but I may have torn a goat's ******** before as flexytj has identified elsewhere.

My issues are not so much with the build quality even though mine has been an absolute joke (things are going wrong which simply should not happen on a vehicle made in this century). What grinds my gears is just the shit quality parts Chrysler have used in building this vehicle. My have just had ordered the parts to completely rebuild the front end short of new bushes as everything which moves is worn out. I would have done no more than 100km with it in 4wd and less than 20km on dirt road, so this is wear which has developed over 18,000km/6 months of driving on the black top with stock tyres.

THAT is just unacceptable. And chrysler know it because they are actually resolving it by redesigning the parts which are causing problems (and it seems this may only be a recent development). I also find Jeep dealers here in SE QLD to be pretty bloody good and they are also the most knowledgeable of these vehicles at this moment in time.

Last edited by Yom; 05-03-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love the JK and all its quirks good and bad. It stands out as different, I get asked heaps of questions from other brands owners and it gets slagged off as well, bugger oh well.

It would be the same if I had a ford or holden, WRX or Skyline or EVO etc.

I would be even happier having two in the driveway but thats life.

JTO