SO, the JK is...... - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2010
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Some good comments in there..... how about something constructive from some of the newbies?
Old 05-03-2010
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my comment used in richos sig was not intended to defame jk wranglers or there owners in anyway but the fact is when you buy a bare bones solid axle 4x4 that is built to a budget and aimed at 4x4 use it will not be a perfect road car and will have traits that people dont like in todays day and age 40-50k is not alot of money for a car therefore you cant really expect it to be comparable to a car like a landcruiser or patrol that cost a bucket load more to buy and are aimed at being a little more refined to cater for the soccer mums and retired people towing caravans .
and you wouldnt drag a new landcruiser or patrol the places you would take a jk .

at the end of the day if my tj was ever totalled to the point of not being repairable it would be replaced with a 2 door jk rubicon .

as far as the tj vs jk argument goes i reckon that died 12 months ago apart from a little light hearted sledging in chat between ******** and the moab messiah and his decsiples . now its more happyjk owner vs jk owner than anything .
Old 05-03-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

jesus, hasnt anyone here with a JK also had a TJ apart from me?
I love em both for what they are, and i had some nice probs with the tj, didnt phase me.

Just get on with the fun.
Old 05-03-2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

all jeep build quality is crap, most of the old jeep owners could accept it and get on with building a fun toy. Then a whole bunch of people bought Jks and thought they would get bentley quality for excel prices and so a whole breed of wingers was born.
Old 05-03-2010
AJOR Bronze

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Some interesting comments & you have hit the nail on the head with some of your observations Richo.

Not sure that problems are necesarily with TJ/non Jk owners.... Some of the crap posted lately makes me ashamed to be one of those JK owners.

When I got my jeep & started visiting AJOR (only 12 months ago) there seemed to be much less of bickering, moaning and generally perceiving minor things as "issues". Something has happened in the last 3-6 months to the point that I feel like avoiding the JK section apart from the amusement it sometimes provides.

An observation I would make is that US forums do not contain anywhere near the same ratio of crap:constructive material, nor the bitching. Yet the volume of stuff posted is huge compared to AJOR. I'm not wanting to change the subject & know the feelings some members have re these other sites but why has this happened to AJOR's JK forum? Who the f$#@ knows?

I am one of those (?lucky) JK owners - haven't had any major dramas.
I know that it was built on the cheap & thanks to AJOR I am working out what might shit itself down the track, improving it and preparing myself now.

There's something very satisfying about driving the sucker as she devolves back to a tractor
Old 05-03-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Might as well throw some useless post in..
We bought our JK after very careful consideration. We did not want a toyota (either prado or cruiser) as they are as common as @ssholes..everyone has one. The patrols were quite boring for what you paid also, so they got crossed off.
We very nearly bought a Pajero, but some bad engine reviews, and a really bad resale turned us away from them.
My brother had a TJ in the past, so we went an test drove a 2 door JK, and liked it, so we ordered a 4 door.
It has since done some interesting trips, including cape york. So far, only the fuel rail pressure has been a bit of a problem, and that only minor. We do have the basic mods (2" lift, ARB bar and winch, factory rear lock, ARB front air lock, factroy sway bar disconnect, factory sat nav, ARB snorkel, DP chip, extended breathers, UHF, rear exhaust removed, dual battery, tow pack, i think that's about it).
We also have a CJ7 (which is my play toy) with a 283, and i think the JK would be the better 4wd, but the CJ is definitely a tuff little fuc4er.
My brother now has 2 JK's, the 4 door and a 2 door, and they both get used off road (tho the 2 door sees the most action).
Back to the point tho: for us, the price wasn't really what won us, it was more so the heritage (from WW2..well sort of) and the uniqueness of the brand. There's not a day goes by we regret our decision either, so far this is the best car we've bought, and we have bought quite a few new cars..the fun factor really makes ya feel like you made the right choice..
Old 05-03-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredtj View Post
all jeep build quality is crap, most of the old jeep owners could accept it and get on with building a fun toy. Then a whole bunch of people bought Jks and thought they would get bentley quality for excel prices and so a whole breed of wingers was born.
Quality? Build issues I can look past as they're usually easily resolved but what shits me is how quickly the f@#%*ng thing is wearing out. As I mentioned even chrysler are obviously aware it is a problem and working to resolve it as they f'n should and this is easily what is causing most of the JKs problems.

Last edited by Fat Chili; 07-03-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Attempting to use inoppropriate language.....fail.
Post New Thread  Reply