Replacement Head Unit for JK - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts

Thanks for your responses guys. I appreciate the advice.

I'm in the process moving house at the moment and will set about ordering a replacement unit once I'm settled.

At this stage though I'm kind of leaning toward one of the Android 7.1 systems off eBay. Originally I was sceptical of such dodgy imports but after looking deeper it seems it may well suit my needs. I'll let you know how I get on once I have some space to swing a spanner again
Old 03-04-2018
Established Member

Liked 49 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Bartfast View Post
Thanks for your responses guys. I appreciate the advice.

I'm in the process moving house at the moment and will set about ordering a replacement unit once I'm settled.

At this stage though I'm kind of leaning toward one of the Android 7.1 systems off eBay. Originally I was sceptical of such dodgy imports but after looking deeper it seems it may well suit my needs. I'll let you know how I get on once I have some space to swing a spanner again
I'm also keen on these, let me know how you go
Old 04-04-2018
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I've bought 2 cheap Chinese head units from ebay, one for my TJ and one for the JK. They can be a bit hit and miss, the one in the TJ was fantastic however the JK one is having a bit of an issue with my phone. I don't really care though as I hate being abled to be contacted whilst I'm driving. I bought it mainly to be able to play music videos when I'm driving long distances.

Just do a bit of research on which one you choose and see what others are saying about them via a Google search first.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 04-04-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

Now that good quality Android Auto capable head units from the likes of Kenwood and Pioneer are dropping below $600, I suggest spending a few dollars extra for one of them.
Old 18-04-2018
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Ok. NOW Android Auto can do full wireless, provided you have a really new phone...

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/13/...uto-available/
Old 21-04-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I killed my factory CD stacker unit a few weeks ago, so had to replace it. After a bit of homework, I ended up with this from eBay.

Reasonably easy plug & play with Canbus controller and adapter cables. Uses factory Infinity Amp. Runs Android 8.0 and has all the bells and whistles. I'm in an 08 JKU without steering controls, so this was not an issue. Brand is Hizpo, which is rebranded Xtrons. Yeah, I know....its Chinese....but aren't they all?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22-04-2018
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Have you got a link for that one?

Does it have a USB connection for external storage or just via BT? to device?