wierd vibration when first moving - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have H/T type tyres, as that appears to be the only choice for the standard rims it came with (around here anyway), so I don't think it is the tyres.

there might be something to the suspension sag story, as mine is very sagged, and only needs a few eskies and some camp gear to start hitting the bump stops.

Good to hear that it has got LSD plates in there soemwhere , so- could this be what I am feeling as I tAKE OFF WHEN TURNING ??

Either way, it has not gotten any worse in 12 months, so I tend to ignore noises that don't change over time.

Now that I have new rear bearings/axles etc, I can hear lots of other noises that I couldn't hear b4., so maybe I'm just paranoid now !!

gotta go, as there is a severe electrical storm heading across Orange and I need to get home and battern down the hatches.
Old 01-02-2005
AJOR Gold

Liked 44 Times in 37 Posts

Hope the storm didn't do damage. I have a KJ and it does also make a weird noise/feeling when takind off while turning and I also just put it down to LSD clutches. If I take it easy on the go pedal i'ts OK, but bugger that.
Old 02-02-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mines got 2" lift and still does it - pretty sure its the LSD and not suspension.
Old 02-02-2005
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

What oil was in your rear diff, before and after the axle change.
Old 03-02-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

not sure, as it was 'black as' and had a strong smell

I will check the bottle, as a mate helped me pull it down the first time a few weeks back, and he re-filled it from a squeeze bottle. I saved the oil for this this time but I still have the bottle somewhere.

I got a bad feeling that the oil is not LSD-type oil, as me mate (mechanic) reckoned
that it did not have a LSD .

it it very important to have LSD-type oil ??? what do you recommend
Old 06-02-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have had had that wierd vibration in my XJ, thought that it was caused by the 2" lift that I have recently done. Had to have car inspected for QLD rego. Left hand side engine mount was shot to pieces, new engine mount, no more vibration. Maybe food for thought
XJSPORT
Old 06-02-2005
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Have a read of your owners manual. Or do a search on this site, was a thread on oils recently.