Its a Jeep thing, now i understand - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2005
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for the reply guys. I basically read the owners manual front to back when i first got the car just to get a better understanding (and to figure the cruise control out )

i have a habit of messing with camera angles. hehehe

im in wanneroo pyver
Old 10-02-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just went down some weak offroad tracks (ie 2wd capable) to have a play, loved it. did a little hill. fun fun.

tyres no longer shiny - mission acomplished
Old 10-02-2005
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

welcome, nice lookin rig. Now go and get it dirty!
Old 10-02-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Optical, did ya figure out your cruise control?....when I first got my Jeep I thought CC would be just a gimmick, didnt take me long to get to like it, I now use it constantly...even when towing the Jayco.

By the way, I must be the only one here who cant see your pictures!!
Old 11-02-2005
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

4WD mode, you can drive on the black top in any mode as long as it is green, ie. 2WD and 4WD.

The orange mode can only be used on the dirt ie. 4WD low and 4WD parttime.

Hope that is semi clear
Old 11-02-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

aagh perfect dave, thought that was how it worked.

brizxj - yeh figured the cruise, its sweet, use it all the time now
Old 17-02-2005
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its a bit weird, but think of the transfer modes this way... Full time is for ALL the time (ie while on road, gravel, dirt whatever) and Part is for only SOME of the time (ie when off road). Part time locks the transfer case front and rear shafts... Full time leaves them open to spin at independant speeds, like an open diff, just its not a diff, but a transfer case... ok I'll stop confising us all now!!

Welcome to the Jeeping fraternity