DESTROY MY JEEP - an apology and explanation - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR

JEEEPART
Find out how to advertise on Ausjeep?

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR > GENERAL > Hot Topic of week


Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #17  
Old 15-06-2014
Macca2801's Avatar
Macca2801  Macca2801 is offline
MudSplasher
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,917
What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Likes: 98
Liked 37 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
What evidence do you have that supports your claim? I have owned many cars and have had family and friends who have owned cars that have never give them the amount of grief that I read about Jeeps. I am happy to name the makes and models that I have driven which have had very few problems compared to Jeeps. I think your kidding yourself if you think that all cars are as bad as Jeeps.

Regards A
__________________
I have no argument but I'm an engineer and right despite having no argument, so don't argue with me!
  #18  
Old 15-06-2014
anthonygubbin  anthonygubbin is offline
MonsterMoose
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tasmania ATM
Age: 46
Posts: 7,150
What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Likes: 477
Liked 604 Times in 358 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
Fair enough. But one problematic Landcruiser is far from all makes have problems. I still fail to see how you could suggest that all makes are a problematic as Jeeps. Like I said in an earlier post people will try and rationalise why Jeeps are so good. I knew people would and will hang shit on me for just pointing out how poorly Jeeps are made. I have seen Corolla's Camry's, Lancer's, BMW's, Merc's all have been great cars and very few problems. Jeeps are probably made about as well as Kia's and Old Hyaundai's. I say old because the newer ones are actually having very few problems according to a few mechs. I was surprised to hear that myself. I mean lets face it there is a reason a 45k car is worth $1500 14 years after it was made.

Regards A
__________________
Lay down with dogs and you will wake up with fleas; scratching the surface not treating the disease. Over 5'000 Club
  #19  
Old 15-06-2014
anthonygubbin  anthonygubbin is offline
MonsterMoose
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tasmania ATM
Age: 46
Posts: 7,150
What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Likes: 477
Liked 604 Times in 358 Posts
Default

IMO I don't think it's the people who are making them the issue. I think it comes down to the Jeep head honchos cutting costs wherever they can by sourcing the cheapest parts available.

Regards A
__________________
Lay down with dogs and you will wake up with fleas; scratching the surface not treating the disease. Over 5'000 Club
  #20  
Old 15-06-2014
Macca2801's Avatar
Macca2801  Macca2801 is offline
MudSplasher
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,917
What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Likes: 98
Liked 37 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
Fair enough. But one problematic Landcruiser is far from all makes have problems. I still fail to see how you could suggest that all makes are a problematic as Jeeps.

Regards A
Don't put words into my mouth and read more carefully, I simply said all vehicles have problems and only YOU said jeeps are PROBLEMATIC.
I'm not arguing about this as it's pointless, but ALL vehicles have problems and this guys issue is the CUSTOMER service or lack thereof from Jeep Aust.

Nissan ZD30 ring a bell?? If you are unfamiliar then do some research on how the first grenade patrol owners were treated when their $60K plus patrols engines just detonated a few months out of warranty and were left with $17k repair bills.

Why do you think there are forums, so everyone can post how awesome and perfect their vehicle is....nope most posts are to find resolution or advice on a problem.

Have a look at the patrol forum, the Cruiser forum, the Pradopoint forum, the Pajero forum, the Landrover Owners forum etc etc etc etc

As the OP said...
I am not on a "bashing Jeep" campaign, I just fought for 4 long years to get a resolution and have given up with Chrysler Australia.
Enough said.
__________________
I have no argument but I'm an engineer and right despite having no argument, so don't argue with me!

Last edited by Macca2801; 15-06-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Sponsored Posts
  #21  
Old 15-06-2014
Toff  Toff is offline
Full Flexer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 567
Likes: 11
Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroGantz View Post
I do believe you are welcome to your opinion and I am welcome to mine.....yes?
Yes - Even if you are wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by AroGantz View Post
I just think you are FoS and you are making it harder for those that actually love their Jeeps to deal with the wankers that bag Jeeps...... can you guess who has been fighting the fight on reddit today after some FW posted a link to your little publicity stunt?
My opinion & suggestion would be to take a teaspoon of concrete cause otherwise there will always be someone ready to make you bunch up those panties.
__________________
Shops locally at www.wooders.com.au
No matter how smart you think you are - You're wrong.
Likes: (2)
  #22  
Old 16-06-2014
gsjake's Avatar
gsjake  gsjake is offline
I just registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11
What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Likes: 4
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Climate control failure (again),
Ignition (immobiliser?) failure, (none of the key would start the car, so it had to get towed in and the computer reset),
Faulty Seatbelt tentioner
Another (smaller) coolant leak/smell inside vehicle
Intermittent Starter motor (starter motor replaced)
Mirrors loose again
Drivetrain control module error, causing the car to go into “limp mode” while driving in the middle of a storm
Oil leaking from rear right strut
Windscreen wipers coming on when turning corners
Intermittent starter motor issue again.

Just looking at your list of complaints

Climate Control Failure _ That must be so hard for you driving down to the Mall with no A/C, Whats next Heater stuck on?
Faulty seat belt tensioner- Makes the car almost undrivable!
Mirrors loose. How do you see to do your make up?
Oil leaking from Right rear strut- Was that the tailgate strut.
Windscreen wipers coming on when turning corners- how terrible

All I can say is thank ******** you did not buy a land rover. Hey and don't buy another Jeep ever, I would not like to think I may have waved to you by mistake



Have a great
Likes: (1)

Last edited by gsjake; 16-06-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Sponsored Posts
  #23  
Old 16-06-2014
hillsjeep's Avatar
hillsjeep  hillsjeep is offline
AJOR Bronze
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: adelaide hills
Age: 54
Posts: 1,897
What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Likes: 11
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Perhaps you should perform the fund raising to cover the legal costs, that might attract more $$ and then Chrysler won't see the problem disappear before their eyes.

(I must admit I haven't read your whole post if you've already considered that)
  #24  
Old 16-06-2014
AroGantz  AroGantz is offline
RubiconSlammer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Australind, WA
Posts: 1,358
What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Likes: 107
Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toff View Post
Yes - Even if you are wrong

My opinion & suggestion would be to take a teaspoon of concrete cause otherwise there will always be someone ready to make you bunch up those panties.
I'm wrong because I won't pat an adult child on the head and say 'good boy', I'm not disputing the fact he had a lemon but fair trade has been involved and they obviously think the offer from Chrysler was fair but he would prefer that he got that same amount from other people just so he can become a YouTube sensation? This is the sort of shit spoilt rich children do not grown men with half a brain.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
__________________
Aus/NZ Casual Gamers
Likes: (3)

Last edited by AroGantz; 16-06-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Correcting autocorrect.
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On





All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:15 AM.




AJOR does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of AJOR or any entity associated with AJOR, nor should any advice be substituted as technical advice replacing that of a mechanic. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use AJOR to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, religious, political or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by AJOR. The owner, administrators and moderators of AJOR reserve the right to delete any message or members for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless AJOR, the administrators, moderators, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). The use of profile signatures to intentionally mislead or misdirect any member on this forum is not acceptable and may result in your account being suspended. Any trip that is organised through the AJOR forum is participated at your own risk. If you or your vehicle is damaged it is your responsibility, not that of the person that posted the thread, message or topic initiating the trip, nor the organisers of AJOR or moderators of any specific forum. This forum and associated website is the property of AJOR.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

AJOR 2002 - 2017 AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM. All corporate trademarked names and logos are property of their respective owners. Ausjeepoffroad is in no way associated with DaimlerChrysler Corporation or Fiat Jeep.
www.midlifemate.com wayalife.com jkwrangler.com ausjeepforum.com jk-forum.com canadianjeepoffroad.com 20secondgorilla.com
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=