I deleted my "Service 4WD System" fault code! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 82 Times in 64 Posts
Default I deleted my "Service 4WD System" fault code!

Gents,

Early days as I only got it sorted tonight, but I've finally managed to delete the C140F fault code, and now I have my low range back!

I purchased the Lemur Monitors BlueDriver BT dongle for $150 AUD to the door, from these guys:

http://www.lemurmonitors.com/

Then, I followed these instructions to the letter, that I found via Google:

1. Replace the actuator. Refer to the procedures identified in the appropriate Service Information
for additional information.

The above I didn't need to do, as the actuator is rarely at fault and the cause is usually something else

2. Perform a key cycle (Key ON and then key OFF). Allow sufficient time for the FDCM and the
entire vehicle bus to go to sleep. To be sure the entire vehicle bus to go to sleep, disconnect
all diagnostic tools from the vehicle, turn off the key, and remove key from the ignition. Close
all doors. Wait 5 minutes.
3. After performing the key cycle, DO NOT attempt to shift the transfer case using the customer
switch. This will prevent the C140F fault from clearing later.
4. Re-connect the diagnostic tool and cycle the key ON.
5. Select the FDCM, and issue the clear faults command two times. It is required to issue the
clear faults command twice.
6. After approximately 6 seconds, the C140F fault will de-mature to a “Stored” status. Confirm
that the diagnostic tool reports that the C140F fault is in a stored status (not “Active”). If after
30 seconds the fault is not in a stored status, return to step 3 and try again.
7. Once the C140F fault is in a stored status, perform one additional “Clear Faults” command.
This will completely remove the fault from the FDCM memory and return the 4WD system to
an operational status.
8. Perform a T-Case range shift to confirm that the 4WD system will shift to 4WD Low Range.
Shift the T-Case back to 4WD High Range. Repair complete.

I'll give it a go over the weekend, but it's great to know that you don't need an expensive scan tool to get into this system and delete the codes.

Cheers,

Robert

Sponsored Posts
Old 01-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 26 Times in 25 Posts

This is great news!! Hope it has permanent results! And just to think, if it is this simple, why can't Jeep Australia do a recall to carry out this procedure to rectify what they did in the first place that ruined our vehicles. Jeep America issued a revised recall for the N23 called the P73 and fixed their f#&@ up. Unfortunately they have not yet released it to Australia (or more like Chrysler Australia doesn't want to carry it out). It did reach CA head office bulletin, but can only be carried out if forwarded to to dealer bulletin. The P41 ignition recall is expected around May 2016 as they are still awaiting on parts. I really want my transmission back again rather than a recall for something I have no issue with, the ignition (as yet). Of course once again, second rate Australia gets the ar$e end of the deal.
Old 02-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 82 Times in 64 Posts

I agree. How come this couldn't be done properly is beyond me.

As for the ignition recall, what's the deal with that? I bought my car used, so someone else get the recall bulletins unfortunately.

One day I managed to knock the key with my knee and turn the car off, kinda scared the $hit outa me...

Cheers,

Robert
Old 02-03-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

[QUOTE=Bloke;1569303]Jeep America issued a revised recall for the N23 called the P73 and fixed their f#&@ up. Unfortunately they have not yet released it to Australia (or more like Chrysler Australia doesn't want to carry it out). It did reach CA head office bulletin, but can only be carried out if forwarded to to dealer bulletin. The P41 ignition recall is expected around May 2016 as they are still awaiting on parts.

Bloke, do you know if the P73 you're referring to is a 2016 update as I had the P73 performed on 09.07.15. This P73 recall was issued in May 2015.

This reprogram lasted until 13.11.15, as a result I sent a personal complaint to Mr Doherty, CEO, FCA. On 08.12.15 my local dealership performed checks and reprogrammed the FDCM, so far it failed once, however after a few hours upon starting the vehicle I had it back and hasn't given me issues since.

After I had it fixed on the 8th of December, I was contacted by FCA for the wiTech codes that showed when the dealership performed the scan. I understood that the technicians in Melbourne were keen to get these codes, because each past reprogram has not been a 100% fix.

So it's interesting that they have issued a new one and are holding it, could be because the previous reprograms have been successful for the majority ? and they are just going to wait until the rest have issues and do the new P73 reprogram when they come up ?

I received correspondence yesterday regarding the Safety Recall P41 advising that the recall had been delayed and FCA were making every effort to remedy the situation asap.
Sponsored Posts
Old 02-03-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Robert, I'd report that to your local dealer. When you purchased the vehicle I understood the new owner details are sent to FCA. I guess if it wasn't from a Jeep dealer that may not have happened. FCA really have a responsibility to inform all Jeep owners of any safety issues. The letter I received requests owners to monitor their vehicles and if they have any concerns to contact their nearest authorised dealer
Old 02-03-2016
Grand Obsession

Liked 911 Times in 603 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

P73 is not a recall, its just an update for the FDCM. Yes it corrects a lot of the N23 issues but it is still not a recall.

If you use a reputable dealer with a conscious then they would inform you about the update at your next service.

When I booked my Grand in for the key recall they informed me about the new update.

If you call a dealer & give them your VIN they can tell you what updates are available for your VIN.

Jeep have access to registration details when it comes to recalls. That's how they track the owners. Jeep & the Australian Government working together! now that's a scary thought

Last edited by Clarky; 02-03-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Posts
Old 02-03-2016
Grand Obsession

Liked 911 Times in 603 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

That's funny about the P41 being delayed

My local dealer rang me & asked if I was going to bring my Jeep in as the parts had arrived. I said no of course & told them to send the part back. em
Old 02-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 26 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post

Bloke, do you know if the P73 you're referring to is a 2016 update as I had the P73 performed on 09.07.15. This P73 recall was issued in May 2015.
Not certain if the P73 is a 2016 rollout, there is no mention of it but the P41 is meant to be (subject to parts availability).

Sorry for the quality but the P73 is in the US and as Clarky says an update, but the fine print states to be repaired free of charge. Yes, I just made a complaint to FCA and then the ACCC if nothing happens. It's a reprogramming.... not a replacement. I don't know why it's so difficult.

Last edited by Bloke; 05-03-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply