Oil Sump Plug - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-02-2017

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Being a alloy sump on the VM it would be easy for some of the grease monkeys to damage the thread.. Sorry they are called technicians these days. Many aren't a "Mechanics" Bum jole

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Old 13-02-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 201 Times in 107 Posts

The sump plug only has a flat rubber O ring to seal. At 100K and have not changed the O ring yet. This is a MY14 with the 13mm hex head. I think the 2011-2013 used a allen head socket and copper washer.
Old 13-02-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

I have the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve on my WH there's no chance of it getting knocked as the sump plate provides sound protection. It comes with a locking clip accessory which I have fitted, I've had it on for years now with no issues there's never any debri, mud, sand on it,always clean.
Old 13-02-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

That looks a better solution Roscoe. What part did you use? Anyone know the oil pan drain plug thread size for WK2 CRD, is it Futomo F106 14mm 1.5 pitch job?
Old 13-02-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minipooh6 View Post
I use an Ezi oil drain alve
You never have to remove sump plug or washer again

www.ezoildrainvalve.com.au

Which one fits the WH? I can't see it listed on the website, or a Mercedes equivalent either.
Old 14-02-2017

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

I had the same trouble with yhe VM I used the contact page on the website on a weekend & I got an answer back in about 1hr. I looked back on my emails & the email address was info@ezoil.com.au. The blokes name was Jack & he was very helpful. The valve is great it has a small spring leaded lever that locks in so it can't accidentally open & it comes with an oring to seal it on to the sump.
The one for the VM was EZì-106

Old 14-02-2017

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Yes Troutman that was the size on my Wk2
p/n was EZ 106 The same place sells fumoto as well as Ezoil hence the similar P/N They reckon the Ezoil has a few refinements but both are excellent products.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

Last edited by minipooh6; 14-02-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply