Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-08-2003
Don't do it. I'm NUTS!

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Cleaning Tips

Anyone got any cleaning tips on how to keep their jeeps to that showroom shine?

I am having a lot of success with ARMORALL products. Infact i just use the one for mutliple purposes. Armorall Tyre Foam.

I use it on the soft-top after washing, brings back the shine
I use it on the chassy/underbody
I use it on the engine bay
I use it on the bumpers/flares
...and obviously i use it on the tyres

Last edited by CrazyNuts; 16-05-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Sponsored Posts
Old 25-08-2003
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 445 Times in 230 Posts

I'm a cleaning Jeep novice so I've only got three tips...

1. beofre hitting the mud, spray baby oil over the radiator to help prevent mud sticking & clogging it.....
2. After mudding, park your jeep ontop of a sprinkler - after the 3rd beer it should ne nice & loose for a final higher pressure hose down.
3. Remove those rear inner guards so you can get into the areas that the mud & water will be stuck....
Old 25-08-2003
Jeep Dropout

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 74 Times in 41 Posts

hmmmmm removing the rear inner guards Wooders. I've been playing with the idea to get rid of these for a while now, do they stop anything at all?
Old 25-08-2003
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 445 Times in 230 Posts

I found a HEAP of crud unde mine when I removed them. Plus there's a channel that runs along the underneath of the body under the rocker/body mounts and it was chocka with mud & crud - so now I can easily hose it out......
Sponsored Posts
Old 25-08-2003
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what the hell is this cleaning you speak so highly off?
Old 25-08-2003
AJOR Silver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

an old trick i learned of a mechanic..if u have dirty engine parts(sticky lifters) spray some oven cleaner on them.. works a treat(out of the engine ofcourse) i suppose if degreaser does not cut the cheese for ur job oven cleaner is a little stronger.....but always check that u dont use alkaline degreasers on alloy parts..as it will eat them!
Old 25-08-2003
Don't do it. I'm NUTS!

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To protect your seats from mud stains get some 3M Fabric Protectant. I sprayed some on my jeep and all the mud just effortlessly came off (once dried up) with no residue left over.

Last edited by CrazyNuts; 09-12-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 25-08-2003
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CN where'd u get the 3m fabric protectant n how much ????
Post New Thread  Reply