PDA

View Full Version : Soft ride coils! tj wrangler

andy's tj
09-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi guys,

im looking for springs for my tj wrangler 02, to give it a soft ride can anyone reccomend anything?, at the moment its very stiff, i will be matching springs up with rancho adjustables 9000's.

Looking for a 2-4" spring still havnt decided on hight yet any help would be good.

Morgs
09-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi guys,

im looking for springs for my tj wrangler 02, to give it a soft ride can anyone reccomend anything?, at the moment its very stiff, i will be matching springs up with rancho adjustables 9000's.

Looking for a 2-4" spring still havnt decided on hight yet any help would be good.

Andy, the problem you have is that getting softer springs means that your tj will be using the bump stops alot more. I'm not sure of the type of springs that you are running at the moment but most springs are made to fully compress when your vehicle is crossed up (1 front tyre and the opposite rear essentially holding the vehicles weight).

I bought the RE 3.5" superflex kit and didn't like the stiffness of the springs. My front springs do however compress completly when crossed up. Have a look at my build (http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90005) under the build threads. I ended out throwing the original front stock springs in the rear as they are alot softer. Running a two door without the rear seat and any weight in the back off road means that I am able to run the stock front springs in the rear (about equal lift to the 3.5" front springs). They are a lot softer on road but the front is still a bit stiff.

I guess what you are really looking for is progressive rate springs. RE make them for the rear but not sure about the front. Have a look at the post by Wayne in my build. I decided not to use the springs as I was able to use the stock springs without moving the upper rear buckets.

All the best.

Kizzo
09-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I had the 3.5" RE coils and thought they where too stiff. Got some 2.5" moab coils from 4wd1 and they are much softer, and work great with the RE mono tube shocks. Im guessing they would work great with the rancho shocks too.

Jeeps
09-10-2010, 10:19 PM
You'll probably get 2-3 years use from soft springs as they sag in no time if you put any weight in the back or flex it up a bit. I've now got some harder rated spring and they flex just fine. I'm also running adjustable ranchos.

Cheers

TassieTJ
09-10-2010, 11:21 PM
I have RE 4.5 and rancho 9000's + incab perfect for me, the shock's make your ride better not springs, play with the setting's mine are/were softer in the rear harder front
RE make a good spring,

hmmm, sweet soft rear

MR EXTREME JEEP
09-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Mate if you want soft coils go for ome.

andy's tj
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys, helped alot!

crawl3r
11-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I had the 3.5" RE coils and thought they where too stiff. Got some 2.5" moab coils from 4wd1 and they are much softer, and work great with the RE mono tube shocks. Im guessing they would work great with the rancho shocks too.

im running the 2.5" moab coils with the rancho 9000's and its perfect ride for my daily on 33's

not hard at all and if the good thing about the 9000's is that yo can make them softer or harder how ever you like...just takes a week or two to get them exactly how you want them

but i have mine quite soft and im not using the bumpstops alot....all depends what driving/offroading you do really

but i would defintly buy the 2.5' coils and 9000's again....and if you want some more lift just chuck a 1" coil spacer if your on a budget...as moab only make the 2.5" coil, nothing bigger or smaller that im aware of :)

and 4wd1 gave me great service too and fast shipping....no complaints here.