PDA

View Full Version : Tough spray paint

xiphos
22-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey,
Iv been building a fair few things for the jeep recently and time has come to paint them.

Is there any spray can paints that someone can recommend that can take a bit of a beating, is UV resistant (so it doesnt go powdery after a year or so in the sun) and can take the odd splash odd splash of petrol?

ozjeepster
22-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Depends if u want a smooth flat finish or a finish like Rhino coat the stuff they spray into the back of utes to line the tubs or tray decks it takes a beating the lower half of my xj will be done in it soon & u can get it pretty much any colour you want but if its a smooth finish ur after i believe 2Pak is the best bet ;)

xiphos
22-10-2010, 09:50 PM
cool.
I did find some ute liner called hippo liner, painted my hardtop with it. But an absolute bastard to get a smoothish coat.
Ill have to look for some 2pak

ozjeepster
22-10-2010, 10:44 PM
cool.
I did find some ute liner called hippo liner, painted my hardtop with it. But an absolute bastard to get a smoothish coat.
Ill have to look for some 2pak

Rhino coat has a rough texture to absorb impacts , as for the 2Pak go see a paint shop or panel beater they will be able to mix some up for u or even paint it for you , wont cost much to get the parts done ;)

AussieCJ7
24-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Given you were asking for spray can then my advise would be either hammer tone or kill rust both seem to last pretty well, I sprayed my bash plate in a couple of coats of kill rust it is standing up pretty well