PDA

View Full Version : Long range tank

skoota3
26-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Gday people!!
I have a 2000 xj sport. I am wandering if anyone has added a long range tank to an XJ. Can it be done and how do you do this. Doesn't seem to be much room under there. Does the oringinal tank come out and replaced with anew one or a secondary tank installed.
Any advice or info appreciated
dazza

Steve F
26-11-2010, 08:53 PM
You can get replacement tanks, I have a 120lt tank that replaces the stocker, and you can get aux tanks that mount down the passenger side and are around 50lts.

Certainly worthwhile and make a big difference on those longer trips.

Cheers
Steve

blackjk
28-11-2010, 05:50 AM
anyone know the cost on the new 2door jk loneranger tank, fitted?

skoota3
28-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks steve, the 120 litre replacement tank sounds like the go.
how much are these roughly.....
dazza

jeep59
20-01-2011, 05:43 AM
lm looking into one for my jk 2 door and have only come up with the long ranger product does anyone know of anybody else in victoria

jeep59
20-01-2011, 05:44 AM
only found the long ranger product

xjrob
20-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Try these

http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/index.php?id=25

i purchased one, they are held on by straps similar to stock, but with 125l i decided to have brackets welded to mine before install so it would also bolt up to tow bar support on chassis rails, used 3mm steel that came down the tank about 100mm and bent out, with large holes for rosette welds, then used straps as well.

had an issue when got fuel with quite an amount of water in it that inside rusted slightly, so used one of the fuel tank lining products that you mix up and swirl around inside to put a rust proof coating, it may not have been an issue normally however welding the side may have altered the finish inside.

but as Steve says, well worth the effort on a trip, gives same touring range as carrying 2 jerry cans

jeep59
23-01-2011, 09:35 AM
found another supplier brown davis in victoria l will go and see what they have to offer they say theirs will hold 55lts over the ranger holding 42 lts with the jk 2 door l need all the fuel l can get

BennyWA
23-01-2011, 10:19 AM
I have the Brown-Davis auxiliary one but can no longer do any serious offroading as when flexing the tailshaft knocks on it.... have to get it modified as its a tight fit and can't be moved....:-x:wall:

They never replied to my enquiry about my problems either...